Counterfeit Aspire Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcano

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Mexico
Might I ask how you know it was non-authentic? Was it blatantly obvious?

I went to the aspirecig site to check the code from the "scratch and check" sticker and I was the 1,623 one checking the same code...

Besides that, the physical differences are obvious, check the pic...

Nautilus copy.jpg

Last edited:

Vulcano

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Mexico
I continue to wonder why they don't use welded wires. It's quick and cheap and requires no solder. It's just a capacitive welding process that uses an arc that drains the capacitor and then it recharges. There are guys on YouTube making their own welded wires using parts from a cheap flash camera sold in drug stores.

Maybe it is just matter of cost, but not sure why.....I will follow up on this and let you know if I find something

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I check the aspirecig site to check the code from the "scratch and check" sticker and I was the 1,623 one checking the same code...

Besides that, the physical differences are obvious, check the pick...

View attachment 359944

Thank you so much for posting the comparison pics of the Real vs. The Fake Nautilus. I suspect many may be helped because of it.- Dave

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I had the same thing happen to me. When I complained to the seller he refunded my money. I sent him a message asking for a mailing address so I could ship it back to him. He replied a few days later with, "Keep it as a courtesy from us". One thing I did during the whole dispute process was hold back from giving a negative review.

Vulcano

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Mexico
I had the same thing happen to me. When I complained to the seller he refunded my money. I sent him a message asking for a mailing address so I could ship it back to him. He replied a few days later with, "Keep it as a courtesy from us". One thing I did during the whole dispute process was hold back from giving a negative review.

I´m only planing to give Neutral review, saying that there was an issue that was fixed promptly

Mikepresjr

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
Claremore, OK
I was worried too but My Mini was genuine, and it did gurgle some when I popped it on and vaped it the first day but I found that screwing it on too tight can I guess push whatever pad it is that connects to the battery inward and cause some kind of leaking issue, I'm not sure. Turned it upside down, blow into the drip tip and some juice came out the air hole, cleaned it up and tightened it till i had to use just a little force and it has vaped like a dream since. On day 8 of the same coil, still tastes wonderful.

Edit: Whoops, kind of went off on a tangent there. But yes, if it works just as well I'd keep that bad mammer jammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread