Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A very good but specific question. I haven’t a clue. I SOUNDS like you’re breaking the electrical connection to one terminal manually so i would think so. Which way up the battery is might really matter in this case for one thing. My “think” means very little in this case. Gonna need someone who actually has this specific device. Finding an answer could take a while. I’m mostly replying in order to bump the post up. It’s a worthy question as far as I can tell. @Don29palms is a mech man and might have one, or might know who does. All I got, sorry to say :/

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My new Cthulhu Tube is protected but I do have a question. If I unscrew the bottom adjuster that makes room for the battery to separate from the pin on the chip in the top cap, is it safe enough to walk away from it when not in use or do I need to take other precautions?
I'm not sure what your question is exactly. "Is it safe enough to walk away from it when not in use."

Do you mean can you set it down and not worry about an auto fire? That depends upon under what circumstances causes a mod to autofire. Stuck fire button? Transporting the mod in a pocket, where inadvertant pressure on the fire button could cause it to fire accidentally?

I'm not familiar with this mod. Is the electrical circuit still operable ("live") when you unscrew the bottom adjuster you speak of? Does this maneuver break the electric circuit to the atomizer?

You say it is protected. Product description says it is protected by a PBC Chip which provides Short Circuit Protection and Reverse Circuit Protection. It doesn't appear to have a timed auto shutoff of the fire button like a regulated mod would have, so continuous pressure on the fire button could result in over discharge of the battery which can result in a battery venting or going into thermal runaway.

Again, I'm not exactly sure what your question means.

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
New Orleans
Thanks and sorry for any confusion, it must not be a popular mod!

What I mean is when I set it down on the kitchen counter and go do something else so it is unattended. I don’t take it out or put it in a pocket. When you unscrew the threaded false bottom it allows the battery to drop down inside the tube and break the connection.

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
New Orleans
8EF5C156-2285-4D5F-9C6A-85267B86A4E0.jpeg
B1EAD50F-C409-4C50-8BC7-382945CF1470.jpeg

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
If you're sure it's disconnected after unscrewing this is one of the safer ways of storing without removing the battery completely.

Then again dead Ctulhu lays dreaming his slumbers of evil.

Honestly, you sound like a very cautious person. I'm betting you're at no real risk of any of vaping's broadly advertised unfortunate mishaps.

• Agree
Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My new Cthulhu Tube is protected but I do have a question. If I unscrew the bottom adjuster that makes room for the battery to separate from the pin on the chip in the top cap, is it safe enough to walk away from it when not in use or do I need to take other precautions?

I did this for years when I was using mech mods. In my opinion, it's extremely close to the next best thing, which is taking the battery out. I did it whenever I left my mod for a while, when I went to bed, or when I carried it in my pocket.

Rock on @YorkMan :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread