cutting down on 24mg without losing thoat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
increasing vapor density and heat will help.

I just cut down from 20mg/ml to 16mg/ml and I went up on the wattage to make the smoke denser, it helped. I also take longer and slower draws. I vaped 24mg/ml for over two years and loved it. The only reason I am trying to cut the nic is because I feel that we may face juice shortages, when BT wins and we are only able to buy VUSE(awful) ecigs.

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
I guess you know best.

I'm not claiming to be an expert in anything, but I see so many simple misconceptions floating around this forum regarding things that are food safe therefore must be just fine for vaping, and it seems like a great way for misconceptions to turn into defacto standards. As a new comer to the forum, it just seems like people are so defensive of this thing they love, that they don't allow others to point out a negative or a misconception.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I went from 18mg to 12mg just by getting a Kayfun.. The 18 was just too harsh, and with airflow on the KF, lower nic still worked great (and now has real flavor). I just made my first batches of DIY and did em all at 12 and could've probably done 10.. I bought what Vapers Tek calls "throat hit" nicotine to try to balance it.. Apparently its treated with oxygen to give it a bit of a kick (its also half the price of the 'normal' nic)..

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Rebuildables would allow you to get what you want but some people can find the whole area intimidating I only bought cheap kayfun clones most of the time just being happy all the parts turned up so not sure on what the authentic might include in their packaging that might help you. My Lemo tank came with everything you need to get started and carry me a couple of weeks and the instructions were really good and simple to help me ease into it. Other then that I've got nothing else helpful to suggest wish you luck :).

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Sorry, didn’t get to finish and that shouldn’t have been posted by itself. Been chaos here today. You are correct, sort of. Flavors used in vaping are (the credible ones) food safe, but not all food safe flavors are vape safe. There are some people running around here claiming vaping is 100% safe and that the vapor is just water vaper. Those are usually new vapers that haven’t learned the intricacies of it yet and likely have taken some abuse from friends/family about their vaping. At the other extreme are people claiming that vaping is probably worse for you than smoking and that they personally know someone who had come down with pneumonia or worse from vaping.

What people are mostly concerned about right now is diacetyl, acetoin and acetyl propionyl. Two threads, there are tons of them;

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...1-what-diacetyl-acetoin-acetyl-propionyl.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-may-contain-diacetyl-there-really-many.html
Why are people defensive about vaping? The FDA, state and local governments. Take a look here FDA Regulations and here Legislation News Once you’ve skimmed those you might understand why people get a little defensive at an offhand remark that vaping such and such doesn't seem like a good idea.

Everybody should look up what they are vaping and determine if they believe it is safe as it can be for them. Most of us just want to stay off cigarettes and research so far indicates vaping is much, much safer than smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread