• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 132

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Luke 11:10 (KJV)
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Romans 5:10–11
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Reactions: Saintscruiser

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 7:37-38 (KJV)
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Psalm 35:27–28
Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 19:14 (KJV)
But Jesus said, "Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Galatians 3:26–27
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 5:30 (KJV)
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Isaiah 49:14–16
But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Ephesians 4:26 (KJV)
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

John 12:24–25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Luke 11:10 (KJV)
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Romans 5:10–11
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

I remember a song that we learned in Sunday School. It goes like this:

Seek, and ye shall find,
Knock and the door shall be opened,
Ask and it shall be given
And the Love comes a tumbling down.

Did any one else sing this as a child?:wub:

Reactions: VapinBill

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Matthew 19:14 (KJV)
But Jesus said, "Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Galatians 3:26–27
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Can't you just see Jesus with the children, laughing and being affectionate? I sure can. Most people don't even think of Jesus as smiling. All pictures of Him are solemn. He's got to of had a sense of humor. I can picture Him playing hide and seek or throwing a ball, even. Can you?:)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Ephesians 4:26 (KJV)
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

John 12:24–25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
noun - wrath
strong, stern, or fierce anger; deeply resentful indignation; ire.
vengeance or punishment as the consequence of anger.

Fierce anger.................ouch! 'Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord.'
to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
to be unwilling; dislike:
I hate to do it.
verb (used without object), hated, hating.
to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.
noun
intense dislike; extreme aversion or hostility.
the object of extreme aversion or hostility.
adjective
noting or relating to acts that are motivated by hatred, prejudice, or intolerance:
a hate crime; hate mail.
Verb phrases
hate on, Informal. to show hate toward, criticize, or belittle, usually unfairly:
Don't hate on him just because he wins all the time.

My point in posting these definitions is to show what the Bible really means. These are awful emotions, but we all have them at one time or another. They are destructive, and the saying 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me,' is a lie. Words hurt worse than sticks and stones. This phrase is a fallacy. Just something to think about. :?:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Ephesians 4:25 (KJV)
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Ephesians 5:1–2
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread