The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Damnvape Intense RDA

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Coolsiggy, Feb 3, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Coolsiggy

Coolsiggy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Possibly the first MTL mesh atty...but is it a success? I have been playing with wicks and watts to try and produce the best vape. So far this RDA seems a tad muted as compared to my Profiles and given the high cap temperature I now understand why they include the peek cap. I have used both cotton and rayon with firm but not tight clamping in the 20 to 25 watt range, air flow using the 1mm hole and the peek constrictor. Good to hear of any other user views...

2. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I was toying with the idea of picking this RDA up but still not sure ??

EDIT: I do love the Damn vape Doom RTA extremely good on flavor.

3. Coolsiggy

I also have the Doom which like you said has great flavor...equal to the Unity and like the Unity requires careful wicking. I use the Intense at 20 watts, rayon wick, no resricter and the second smallest air hole. I need to squonk every 4-5 vapes, remove wick fluff while using a full wick in base.

4. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I might just have to pull the trigger on the intense. The only problem is it comes with 2 mesh strips and I have not found anywhere to buy a bulk purchase of them like 50 or more??

5. Coolsiggy

The mesh can be cut from any type of vaping mesh including, Digiflavor, Vandy Vape strips which come on rolls. The OFRF mesh is 16 x 6.8 and the Intense is 16 x 3.5 both SS316L or Kanthal will work fine. I get my mesh from Aliexpress (China) see link. Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

I find that the mesh will last multiple times 3-6 before a weak spot appears. I wash and burn and maybe a fine brush then re-wick.If your not comfortable cutting from mesh strips then I would wait for store stock to appear.

• Like Like x 1
  6. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Yes I have plenty of mesh sheets for my Genesis tanks,which do not get much use lately. The with strips like that they tend to give a dry hit every now and then. The strips like the wotofo .17 strips I get in bulk seem to not have that problem I think because of that mm edge of uncut mesh on each side.

I am just really hesitent when it comes to mesh though. It took me a while to get the nerve to buy the Doom tank and the mesh strips I use I seem not to have a problem with. I would have to cut them in half length wise to fit the Intense and that's what worries me of a dry hit from altering the mesh??

7. Coolsiggy

I understand the problem, it's the free ends, lack of a continuous border. I always dry hit, low watts with no wick prior to wicking, if you see a bright flare then a dry hit is assured. The current virus problems in China have shut many factories so supply is halted. You may find that the finer the mesh the less likely a flared mesh end....I find this is true for the Vandy Vape and Digiflavor mesh. ORFR SS316 is also very fine.

8. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I might pick some up along with the RDA. Right now I am waiting on 2 pre-orders I made a week before CNY and still waiting on the either very slow,or stopped boat???

9. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    From what I understand and I could be wrong but the hold up from China is not the shipping. It's the manufacturing that been held up. I've been told the factories are shut down.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Yep they are still shut down . I have had 9 month pre-orders I had to wait on before so it's not a big deal to me. Just anxious to use what is coming.

• Like Like x 1
  11. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I ordered the Intense but it hasn’t shipped yet from China. I’ll report back when I try it which hopefully won’t take forever. I picked the gunmetal and should’ve picked the blue because that one said ship in 24’hours with all the other colors say in stock. I asked them and they said it should ship next week. It’s from 2fdeal and they had strips for sale also. Coupon code mapintense for any1 interested.

12. Coolsiggy

The China factories I believe are mostly closed, I mistakenly ordered 3 ...2 x SS and 1 gunmetal just before the outbreak and were here in 3 wks maybe I have a collectors set. Here in Australia I have not seen any on sale yet....could be a long wait.

13. Zoule

Zoule Full Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Lille
    Did someone finally get one ?

14. Coolsiggy

Been a while now and so far no new users have made any comments, I guess delivery of the Intense has been delayed. My original comments still hold, the flavor is muted slightly although not really bad. I have 3 units in constant rotation...just can't seem to let them go. The good side is that they are ever so easy to wick and work on. The mesh strips last for about 4-6 rewicks.. they seem to get brittle with age.

15. Zoule

Zoule Full Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Lille
    Thank you for answer ! It took months to get to me...
    I did not find it to be good with mesh, Airholes too close, not enough cotton, it was not comfortable. So I decided to put a vertical coil in it and it is way better now ! Will put a picture soon ! It has a good tight draw with this configuration :)