Dear vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabu_sparta

Nov 6, 2017
hello fellow vapers, I hope you all are doing well.

I can pretty much say that I quit smoking cigarettes for a while now and I switched to vapes. so I bought one and all good but I don't that much about vapes ok ok.
so I bought this OCC coil I guess that's what they call it. its ohms is basically 0.2 right. but my vape's screen show my ohms is 0.21. is it supposed to be that way or is there any thing wrong. btw I played a bit with it yesterday to be honest lol.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes there isn't a problem with your coil. Even premade coils have slight differences, and also, sometimes different mods will read a coil slightly differently. Differences in the 0.01 resistance should make absolutely no difference to your vape, really. All of my prefab coils read a bit differently, from time to time. If you see HUGE swings like 0.5 and it's a coil you made, you may want to worry, but you are far from that point currently.

Welcome to ECF, and I am glad you are enjoying vaping. Always happy to answer any questions so if you have more, by all means post them and hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi, Prabu. I take it you've got a Kangertech .2Ω vertical coil. .01Ω difference is perfectly normal. What mod are you using? This is a very low resistance coil, so make sure that your mod and/or batteries in your mod can handle sub-ohm coils. Start at 25 Watts or so and proceed with caution.

Good luck!

prabu_sparta

Nov 6, 2017
Hi, Prabu. I take it you've got a Kangertech .2Ω vertical coil. .01Ω difference is perfectly normal. What mod are you using? This is a very low resistance coil, so make sure that your mod and/or batteries in your mod can handle sub-ohm coils. Start at 25 Watts or so and proceed with caution.

Good luck!
Hey I have this mini super tank from Tobeco and the occ coil I am using is 0.2 ohm also from Tobeco. I am using it at 40 watt normal mode I guess that's what they call it. My vape is called Towis T180, it can go up to 180 watt and the lowest is 5 watt. I think I explained pretty much everything. in my vape it displays 0.21 ohm. and yes it is dual battery. any thoughts, is this good?

prabu_sparta

Nov 6, 2017
Mode is referring to temp control or power (wattage).
Thanks, but can you look at this can tell me if I am doing it right.
I have this mini super tank from Tobeco and the occ coil I am using is 0.2 ohm also from Tobeco. I am using it at 40 watt normal mode I guess that's what they call it. My vape is called Towis T180, it can go up to 180 watt and the lowest is 5 watt. I think I explained pretty much everything. in my vape it displays 0.21 ohm. and yes it is dual battery. any thoughts, is this good?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks, but can you look at this can tell me if I am doing it right.
I have this mini super tank from Tobeco and the occ coil I am using is 0.2 ohm also from Tobeco. I am using it at 40 watt normal mode I guess that's what they call it. My vape is called Towis T180, it can go up to 180 watt and the lowest is 5 watt. I think I explained pretty much everything. in my vape it displays 0.21 ohm. and yes it is dual battery. any thoughts, is this good?
Does it taste good? If it does, you're good. If not play with airflow and watts, until you find your sweet spot.
What 18650 batteries are you using?

des6666

Moved On
Nov 8, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

TomDS

Moved On
Nov 6, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread