Decisions, Decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey guys and gals!
as some of you may know i'm on the market for a Squonk Kit.
now my problem is, i have found 2 squonk kits around the same price, The hcigar Aurora, and the Vandy vape Pulse-X. which one would be the better pick if they are the same price?? I like cloud Chuckers but i'm not all about Cloud chasing, I like an even balance between flavor and Cloud density, help!

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I like cloud Chuckers but i'm not all about Cloud chasing, I like an even balance between flavor and Cloud density, help!

This mostly comes down to the rda and build unless your build requires wattage in excess of the output power of the mod (in this case, I think the X has a higher max wattage).

They're both good, pick whatever you think looks better or is more available to you.

Personally I use the Pulse as my main vape.

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This mostly comes down to the RDA and build unless your build requires wattage in excess of the output power of the mod (in this case, I think the X has a higher max wattage).

They're both good, pick whatever you think looks better or is more available to you.

Personally I use the Pulse as my main vape.
okay, and how long does the Pulse usually last you though? i basically go through almost 6ml of juice a day which isnt a lot but that is on an average tank from smok, and i am really not sure what the usage on RDA's are like, and both are just as readily available to me, same website has them for the same price coming from the same place so, i think I will probably end up with the Pulse-X just cause 90W mod.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
okay, and how long does the Pulse usually last you though? i basically go through almost 6ml of juice a day which isnt a lot but that is on an average tank from smok, and i am really not sure what the usage on RDA's are like, and both are just as readily available to me, same website has them for the same price coming from the same place so, i think I will probably end up with the Pulse-X just cause 90W mod.
if you only do 6ml per day a single bottle of juice would probably last you an entire day (more or less 8ml for the pulse 80w and X)
Rda's can use little or alot of ejuice, it depends on how high or low you build.
For me as an example, i do about 2 Pulse bottles per day, with a single battery change (20700s + 1 18650 as backup).

If you do plan on getting the pulse note that to get the full 90 watts you're better off getting batteries that can handle that much (aka not 18650s). Or simpler you could just build higher resistance and use less wattage, i have a .57 0hm build in my rda right now, using 30 watts and get plenty of clouds. High wattage does not = better.

Last tip, exotic coils WILL use more juice that's just normal, i do simple round wire builds that's why i don't need more power, exotics such as claptons will use more power because there's more mass in it (ie multiple wire strands rolled together).

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
How do you build? What resistance range?
It is only 90 Watts with a high discharge 2X700 battery.
Do you already have 2X700 batteries and a charger for them?

Cheers
I

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
if you only do 6ml per day a single bottle of juice would probably last you an entire day (more or less 8ml for the pulse 80w and X)
Rda's can use little or alot of ejuice, it depends on how high or low you build.
For me as an example, i do about 2 Pulse bottles per day, with a single battery change (20700s + 1 18650 as backup).

If you do plan on getting the pulse note that to get the full 90 watts you're better off getting batteries that can handle that much (aka not 18650s). Or simpler you could just build higher resistance and use less wattage, i have a .57 0hm build in my rda right now, using 30 watts and get plenty of clouds. High wattage does not = better.

Last tip, exotic coils WILL use more juice that's just normal, i do simple round wire builds that's why i don't need more power, exotics such as claptons will use more power because there's more mass in it (ie multiple wire strands rolled together).
ahhh okay, i didnt know that about the Coils, knowing that now, it will be a pulse box (maybe the 90w kit for the RDA) but probably only ever do 1 fancy build being a juggernaut, probably wont even be able to use it XD

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How do you build? What resistance range?
It is only 90 Watts with a high discharge 2X700 battery.
Do you already have 2X700 batteries and a charger for them?

Cheers
I
currently i am not building, i am using an AL85 with prebuilt coils, i would be hoping for a .4 Ohm resistance though, i do not have any 20700 or 21700 batteries but i do have a charger that will charge them, i am basically expecting to have to buy the mod and tank, batteries, Wire (Kanthal 22G) juice, ETC

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
ahhh okay, i didnt know that about the Coils, knowing that now, it will be a pulse box (maybe the 90w kit for the RDA) but probably only ever do 1 fancy build being a juggernaut, probably wont even be able to use it XD
Small advice here, start with a single coil deck like the recurve or drop solo, it's gonna be easier and probably quicker for you since you're stating building.

Of course having a single coil will also give you more life out of a single cell, having 20700 is not necessary, the pulse X can handle 18650,20700 and 21700 so just use whatever's in your possession if you don't wanna get new batteries.
PS: you forgot cotton in your list :p

Edit: juggernauth are power hungry coils, if you wanna use em get another mod since i very doubt 90w would be enough for those badboys.

• Agree
Reactions: Jet Knight

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
ower hungry coils, if you wanna use em get another mod since i very doubt 90w would be enough for those badboys.

They can handle them, but RIP your battery:
4au7cpk0jgp11.png

Not sure what you mean by how long the pulse lasts.

I go through 30ml of juice on a regular day. So that bottle lasts me a couple hours.

I also go through 3 to 4 iJoy 20700 3000mah batteries.

I change coils probably once a week, although they could last a month. I just like building. And I change cotton every 2-3 days because 30mls a day.

Doesn't matter if I use single or dual coil, I always build between 0.17-0.29 ohms. I usually vape between 65-80W.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
currently i am not building, i am using an AL85 with prebuilt coils, i would be hoping for a .4 Ohm resistance though, i do not have any 20700 or 21700 batteries but i do have a charger that will charge them, i am basically expecting to have to buy the mod and tank, batteries, Wire (Kanthal 22G) juice, ETC

So a .4Ω dual coil is more than ten wraps for each coil of 22awg K1. (3mmID= 13/14 wrap)

If each coil is to be .4Ω, a dual coil build will halve the resistance to .2Ω.
A quick look around: Steam Engine | free vaping calculators "suggests" 70 Watts or more for the .2Ω build and estimates (with an average 18650 battery) a total of less than 10 minutes run time and less than 100, 5 second pulls.

I suggest you order some thinner wire and watch many many build videos for your RDA and similar types to get acquainted with the process.

Have fun
Be safe
I

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Small advice here, start with a single coil deck like the recurve or drop solo, it's gonna be easier and probably quicker for you since you're stating building.

Of course having a single coil will also give you more life out of a single cell, having 20700 is not necessary, the pulse X can handle 18650,20700 and 21700 so just use whatever's in your possession if you don't wanna get new batteries.
PS: you forgot cotton in your list :p

Edit: juggernauth are power hungry coils, if you wanna use em get another mod since i very doubt 90w would be enough for those badboys.
damn i knew i forgot something haha, that Firebolt Cotton, and okay okay so simple right off the bat, lol i would normally do the opposite XD

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So a .4Ω dual coil is more than ten wraps for each coil of 22awg K1. (3mmID= 13/14 wrap)

If each coil is to be .4Ω, a dual coil build will halve the resistance to .2Ω.
A quick look around: Steam Engine | free vaping calculators "suggests" 70 Watts or more for the .2Ω build and estimates (with an average 18650 battery) a total of less than 10 minutes run time and less than 100, 5 second pulls.

I suggest you order some thinner wire and watch many many build videos for your RDA and similar types to get acquainted with the process.

Have fun
Be safe
I
i am definitely going to check out Steam Engine as it is seeming more and more complicated than it had been portrayed to me, thank god i am part of this forum or i would have wasted a lot of time and money thinking my rig was ....ed when it was my own stupidity LOL

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
@lotodem

By the way, dashvapes has the 80W on overstock. You can upgrade the firmware on it so it becomes identical to the pulse x but with no RDA included. You can then buy an easy to use single coil RDA. Dash has the wasp, recurve, and drop solo.

I think it's $60 something right now. I got mine from them.

Edit: $68.75 Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80W Box Mod (Lava Red) - US at DashVapes.com

You can go pick it up in person and they'll help you with whatever else you need. I.e. wires/cotton/etc

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
They can handle them, but RIP your battery:
View attachment 771143

Not sure what you mean by how long the pulse lasts.

I go through 30ml of juice on a regular day. So that bottle lasts me a couple hours.

I also go through 3 to 4 iJoy 20700 3000mah batteries.

I change coils probably once a week, although they could last a month. I just like building. And I change cotton every 2-3 days because 30mls a day.

Doesn't matter if I use single or dual coil, I always build between 0.17-0.29 ohms. I usually vape between 65-80W.
you answered my questions exactly how i expected lol, im seeing myself using 7-10 ml of juice a day, as far as batteries go i use a 3000mah 18650 and that usually lasts me 2 days (8-10 hour days) at 50W, i get on average 2900 puffs off a coil (prebuilt) so by the sounds of it, i should have gone RDA a long time ago

Reactions: Eskie

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@lotodem

By the way, dashvapes has the 80W on overstock. You can upgrade the firmware on it so it becomes identical to the pulse x but with no RDA included. You can then buy an easy to use single coil RDA. Dash has the wasp, recurve, and drop solo.

HOLY ....BALLS BATMAN I GOTTA DASHVAPES UP THE STREET FROM ME!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
i am definitely going to check out Steam Engine as it is seeming more and more complicated than it had been portrayed to me, thank god i am part of this forum or i would have wasted a lot of time and money thinking my rig was ....ed when it was my own stupidity LOL
4wW6vHPqQfzwW9EoX34h.gif

Many of us have already made those errors and many more. :w00t::w00t:
It's a lot to digest at one sitting. Biggest doesn't always equal best and best rarely equals biggest.
You will find your way...:thumbs: You are doing fine, it will come.
Remember:
You have the best team on the planet (ECF) at your fingertips.

Cheers
I

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@lotodem

You can go pick it up in person and they'll help you with whatever else you need. I.e. wires/cotton/etc
I am like 10 mins away from Elgin mills location (Richmond Hill)

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
View attachment 771147
Many of us have already made those errors and many more. :w00t::w00t:
It's a lot to digest at one sitting. Biggest doesn't always equal best and best rarely equals biggest.
You will find your way...:thumbs: You are doing fine, it will come.
Remember:
You have the best team on the planet (ECF) at your fingertips.

Cheers
I
haha i will definitely remember that as i have gained more knowledge here than in my local vape shop

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread