defective sony vtc5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
intstalled 2 sony vtc 5's in my new nitecore d2 that i just received today. both bays indicated low charge with 1 bar on each meter. 3.67v for bay 1 and 3.62v for bay 2. an hour later bay 1 has 3 bars, 3.88 v and bay 2 has 1 bar, 3.71v. seems bay 2 is not charging. is the charger or battery acting up?
after bay 1 finishes can i install the battery not charging in bay 1 to test.

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It doesn't sound like there is a problem. Battery voltage doesn't change steadily when you're charging (or discharging.) The nominal voltage of the batteries is 3.6 v, so it's normal for it to take a lot more energy (and therefore charging time) for a battery to move from 3.6 - 3.7 than from 3.7 - 3.8.

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
It doesn't sound like there is a problem. Battery voltage doesn't change steadily when you're charging (or discharging.) The nominal voltage of the batteries is 3.6 v, so it's normal for it to take a lot more energy (and therefore charging time) for a battery to move from 3.6 - 3.7 than from 3.7 - 3.8.

i was being a nervous nelly. after another half hour the indictor registered another bar and then it was another hour and it was fully charged.

Reactions: Hawise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread