Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Beautiful and solid looking mod for sure. The ability to order different panels for it is a super nice touch.

I've been following this mod for awhile now, and there are a couple things that keep me from ordering one, and it's just me really:

- catch cup well is too small and deep, even less toppers fit on it than on the original Reo sized catch cup.

- it's just too pricey. North of $300 for a mod is just a place I won't personally go. Especially if it's something I have to deal with google translate to order in the first place.

- DNA30 is nice, but I'm still going way above that wattage on a regular basis when I use dual coil.

Otherwise, I think the Sunbox E7 is the most elegant and "cutting edge" bottom feeder device out there right now. There's a whole lot to love about it, just not enough for me to give up the simple Reo mech. I hope the designers keep at it though, perhaps a future version will win me over for sure.

If the things that bother me about it don't bother you, I'd say go for it.

Cheers

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Beautiful and solid looking mod for sure. The ability to order different panels for it is a super nice touch.

I've been following this mod for awhile now, and there are a couple things that keep me from ordering one, and it's just me really:

- catch cup well is too small and deep, even less toppers fit on it than on the original Reo sized catch cup.

- it's just too pricey. North of $300 for a mod is just a place I won't personally go. Especially if it's something I have to deal with google translate to order in the first place.

- DNA30 is nice, but I'm still going way above that wattage on a regular basis when I use dual coil.

Otherwise, I think the Sunbox E7 is the most elegant and "cutting edge" bottom feeder device out there right now. There's a whole lot to love about it, just not enough for me to give up the simple Reo mech. I hope the designers keep at it though, perhaps a future version will win me over for sure.

If the things that bother me about it don't bother you, I'd say go for it.

Cheers

Hmmm.
Catch cup might be a deal breaker for me.

Normally I wouldnt even consider a mod in this price but for what is basically a reo plus a dna, digging deeper into my pockets doesn't seem so crazy.

But I guess I will be waiting for perhaps a revision and an easier way to get one stateside (or for Reo or somebody else local to make something similar)

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
It's my understanding that there is an optional catch cup well that is shallower and accepts 22mm attys. The only thing I can see as an issue for me (minor) is the limitations of the DNA30, as I like to get into some very low sub-ohm builds. My regular RDA is currently built to 0.2ohm. I'd gladly accept this limitation for the ability to skownk and enjoy extended, regulated battery life instead of dripping every couple vapes. I just want to be sure that the thing is made well, the magnets on the panels hold well, and there's no quality control issues.

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
I've done my research with the E7 - including emailing Paolo several times for details. The only thing holding my credit card back is the price.

I've decided to make my current BF - that's on the verge of dying, but isn't quite dead yet - last as long as possible. When it's well and truly dead, and nothing can be done about it, then I'll order an E7. And then it'll be my last big vaping purchase, as I have a case of reverse shinytis these days - Just fed up with buying vaping stuff.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
I've decided to make my current BF - that's on the verge of dying, but isn't quite dead yet - last as long as possible.
I had just woke up when I was reading this, and my brain registered "BF" as boyfriend. I was shocked at the casual mater-of-factness! Hehe time for coffee.

I read the same..

Bottom Feeding folks. :D

And once you get it, you're going to be spoiled senselessly. Turning your RDA into an all day, hassle free, leak free, self-contained vape truly is a good as it sounds.

There's even a genny style BF atty that I just found out about. You wrap the mesh around a post that feeds the juice from the inside out. (make sense?) A BF genny that you can pocket and set on it's side without fear of leaking sounds like a dream for genny fans don't it?

Cheers

Last edited:

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
There's even a genny style BF atty that I just found out about. You wrap the mesh around a post that feeds the juice from the inside out. (make sense?) A BF genny that you can pocket and set on it's side without fear of leaking sounds like a dream for genny fans don't it?

Cheers

Telling us about it but not telling us what it is? For shame!

Pacobit

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Milano, ITALIA
Sometimes they are on sale in Italian forum
E7 carbon tray UFO DNA30
e7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread