Delay when firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxiere

Sep 24, 2017
I'm using a vaporesso veco and i was getting tons of flavour with 0.5 ohm ceramic coil. I got some new liquids today and switched the coils because the ceramic one looked a little gunked up on the inside. Now i have the 0.4 ohm traditional coil in it but when i fired it up the is no sound at all for 0.5 seconds and after that comes the regular sound i was hearing with 0.5 coil. I also got a lot of popping sounds now which weren't there at all before. So is this just because of the coil or could it be something different. I immediately order some new 0.5 ceramic ones because i get a lot less enjoyment out of it now.

Edit: there is a delay in sound when firing, the mod itself does everything as it should and is firing during those silent 0.5 seconds for as far as i know.

Luxiere

Sep 24, 2017
There is no spitback so far, it's harsher and hotter than the previous coil though. Can't find anything about ramp up time for these coils. I'm hoping my new coils will arrive tomorrow since i never got a confirmation email which i normally do get. If it turns out it's just the coil and it goes back to how it was with ceramic ones then this tank is by far my favourite sub-ohm tank out there.

Reactions: stols001

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
There is no spitback so far, it's harsher and hotter than the previous coil though. Can't find anything about ramp up time for these coils. I'm hoping my new coils will arrive tomorrow since i never got a confirmation email which i normally do get. If it turns out it's just the coil and it goes back to how it was with ceramic ones then this tank is by far my favourite sub-ohm tank out there.
Did you try turning the wattage down?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Try some of the old juice in it? To me, sounds like you just prefer the ceramic coils, so I am glad some are on the way, but I'd say a 10% difference in viscosity could account for some of the changes. If you don't have your old juice handy you could purchase some VG and add it to the mix, if it's available near you (lots of places carry it, it should be USP grade).

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Luxiere

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I read somewhere that popping can happen because of excess juice on top of the coil away from the wick. So maybe the new head is wicking too fast. If it's oversaturated that might make it take longer to heat up. Just guessing though.

Anyway, prebuilt heads can be variable in quality. You could have just got a bad one.

Hope the Christmas rush doesn't slow down your new heads too much.

Luxiere

Sep 24, 2017
I was using both coils in wattage mode. I only use wattage mode basically. Also the christmus rush won't do anything as my country is incredibly tiny, plus it's only the 12th so it'll be fine (i hope). I do think it was a bad coil personally. The ceramic coils had the cotton more exposed and seemed to wick faster than the current one so i doubt that's it but who knows.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I was using both coils in wattage mode. I only use wattage mode basically. Also the christmus rush won't do anything as my country is incredibly tiny, plus it's only the 12th so it'll be fine (i hope). I do think it was a bad coil personally. The ceramic coils had the cotton more exposed and seemed to wick faster than the current one so i doubt that's it but who knows.
If that's the case keep your air flow open and watts low. Might try using a needle to poke holes in the sides of coil where cotton is exposed. It does help the coil wick a bit more efficiently.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
There is a marked difference in traditional vs ceramic EUC coils (Vaporesso calls them "cores"). There's more metal in the traditional and it takes more wattage. The ceramic cores are wired with Stainless Steel and are fantastic performers using temperature control.

None of the EUC's should be used much higher than 40 Watts. In fact, for me the limit is about 38 Watts. Vaping them higher just unnecessarily heats the vapor and shortens the life of the coil.

I have the Estoc Mega. Love the tank and the SS ceramics.

Luxiere

Sep 24, 2017
My airflow is always all the way open, i always keep my wattage either lower (5 watts lower or even less) or at the lowest recommended wattage. Poking holes with a needle sounds like a good idea. This is my first coil (new or not) to pop at all tbh. As far as i know both coils have the same thickness of ss316 wire (i could be wrong though). I have not used either of the EUC coils at even 40 watts. Maximun was 35. I'm trying to react to all posts at once btw which i think i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread