• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Designed a Canvape logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
The original is solid white and black / gray.
I put some colors and smoke in the second to be more on par with their current logo.
What do you guys think?

Original: http://imgur.com/ckTww
Colour: http://imgur.com/vlRL2

Note that this is my original work, it may not be mind blowing but I think it's alright :blush:

Edit: Updated a few nicks and scratches!

Last edited:

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
Not bad!
Needs a bit of cleanup, though, at the top, (between the 'A' and the 'N'), the bottom right corner, and the PV (unsymmetrical, right side looks a bit loopy).

I like the kerning you've done. Is that a set font, or did you create it straight from vectors? The "E" looks a bit different than the others, but I'm no typographer so i dunno.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Not bad!
Needs a bit of cleanup, though, at the top, (between the 'A' and the 'N'), the bottom right corner, and the PV (unsymmetrical, right side looks a bit loopy).

I like the kerning you've done. Is that a set font, or did you create it straight from vectors? The "E" looks a bit different than the others, but I'm no typographer so i dunno.

It's a set font but I cut the C so it fit properly. Ah yes I noticed that tiny detail as well on the PV - It wasn't originally there hehe must have moved it a tad somehow.
I however did miss that small spot between the A and the N, I'll fix that up! Nice catch thanks!

The E was just weird all together, I'm not sure why really but it was hard to place beside the P and make it look fitting. I'll try to tweak it some heh.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Ok .. to preface, I don't really know what I'm talking about and I *like* it, so no offense is intended.

Personally though, I don't really like the lines above and below "anvape" and I don't like the way it overlaps the C .. I love the pv, but I wonder if new vapers would understand a vertical pv giving off vapor and mistake it for a torch or something, but I like the concept of it. :) The N and V also form W in my head, at a quick glance.

Again, I feel bad commenting at all .. I'm visually challenged and haven't touched photoshop in years, because it was not my forte and .. everything looks bad on my netbook, soo ..

As for "not so great website" designs you mentioned in another post; this REALLY turned me of at first and certain vendors (not canvape) - I won't name anyone, I cringed at and couldn't bring myself to order from for months. To me a not great website, is like walking into a messy, unorganized store .. and I'll just go to the next store.

HOWEVER .. I realized with the e-cigarette market, most vendors got into the business because they loved vaping, loved the community and wanted to give something back to the community and thought they could do something good. Graphic and website design seem to be low priority, compared to pricing, products and GREAT customer service - which every Canadian supplier excels at.

If you're curious about getting more intelligent and experienced input, you could maybe post in the suppliers forum for canvape; http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-suppliers/293358-official-canvape-com-thread-part-2-a-211.html. I don't know the exact rules, but I know registered suppliers are limited what they can post outside of the suppliers forums. I doubt you could be expected to be paid for anything, but if you were willing to work pro bono .. you might be able to get some discounts or freebies going you're way if it works out.

I don't know how familiar you are with the vaping scene, but pbusardo - a well known American reviewer, recently had a logo contest that ended a bit ago, with some pretty nice items for the winner; Taste Your Juice | LOGO CONTEST

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
As for "not so great website" designs you mentioned in another post; this REALLY turned me of at first and certain vendors (not canvape) - I won't name anyone, I cringed at and couldn't bring myself to order from for months. To me a not great website, is like walking into a messy, unorganized store .. and I'll just go to the next store.
Chagrin I had the exact same reaction as you. The site looked a bit 1998-era Geocities and my first thought was "Is this site that old? How do I trust this person?" But it just goes to show that word-of-mouth is one of the most important things in this business right now. (was v. happy with that vendor).

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
...I don't really like the lines above and below "anvape" and I don't like the way it overlaps the C[/url]

I agree. Can the rest of the word fit into the C opening instead of hanging down over it? Also maybe could play with upper and lower case letters to fix the "E" problem.

Just some thoughts.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Something like this - needs coloured smoke:

canvape2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread