Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
In developing a check list for a VW device, I think it comes down to a VAMO V5. Please let me know if I left one out. Below is the list:

• VW
  • rechargeable and replaceable batteries
  • no telescoping
  • 18350 and 18650 capability (sleeves)
  • under $100
  • ego and 510 connections

So far that leaves me with the VAMO, that I know of.

Did I miss anything else that meets the criteria?
Can you get extensions/sleeves for the Sigieli ZMAX mini or SID to use 18650 batteries?

thanks for your help.

Last edited:

boathook

Oct 27, 2013
Upstate NY
I believe you can use the Evic body tube on the SID (with a little tweaking), and there are some all sorts of evic tubes out there.

And apparently there are SID tubes readily available as well:
Smoktech SID 18500 / 18350 Battery Tubes $11.39-11.64 | gotsmok.com

As for the Vamo, I love my V2, but the Ego threads are nigh unusable due to the top cap's proximity to the connector. The V5 has the removable top cap so you should be good with that one. I just stick to the 510 attys.

FWIW, I love my Vamos. With all the other mods I have, I keep going back to them.

boathook

Oct 27, 2013
Upstate NY
I found this, if it helps:

ego-apv-v2-mod-kit-discontinued.jpg

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
I replaced my vamo v2 with a segeli zmax when my 510 threads striped out and I'm glad I did. The zmax is shorter in both 650 and 350 modes and is telescoping. Also the threads are better and the whole thing is of higher quality.
The vamo is a good starter mod if you can get it cheap from fast tech but I wouldn't pay continental prices for one again.
My 2c.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
OK, so riddle me this...

Other than being able to replace the batteries, what is the difference in power delivery between a non-kicked mod running an 18350 and an ego running 3.7v?

Without a kick, it seems the only difference is rechargeable, removable, replaceable batteries. Do I understand correctly?

Refer to my signature. (Granted, it's about an 18650, so set the data to a 0.8Ω rig)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
OK, so riddle me this...

Other than being able to replace the batteries, what is the difference in power delivery between a non-kicked mod running an 18350 and an ego running 3.7v?

Without a kick, it seems the only difference is rechargeable, removable, replaceable batteries. Do I understand correctly?

I assume you're referring to a mechanical mod because you said un-kicked?

The eGo is regulated and protected with an amp limit of either 2.5 or 3A. Put a coil on it which draws more than that and it will just give you its max power level.

The mechanical has no regulation or protections. The right 18350 will safely put out about 6 amps, so you have more power. The voltage will drop as the battery charge is used up because there is no regulation so your vape will change. The thing is it's all up to you to make sure you don't do anything unsafe with it or use the battery too long. Draw more than what your battery can safely produce and you heat it up. Get it hot enough and it will vent which is nasty and dangerous. Hard short it and this can happen quite quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread