Did it or didn't it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
I placed an order on Sep 19th and a short time later I received this in an e mail,

Order#500364292 Has Shipped
We are pleased to inform you that your purchase from The Halo Company has shipped via USPS. We would also like to take this opportunity once again to thank you for your business. We appreciate you as a customer, and continuously strive to be the best supplier of American Made E-liquid in the industry.

Tracking Your Package
Your shipment information and unique tracking number(s) can be found below. Please allow up to 24 hours for the USPS website to be updated before attempting to track your order.

Date Of Shipment:Sep 19, 2014
Shipped To Name:****** ****
Shipping Carrier:USPS
Shipping Service:priority Mail
Tracking Number(s):9405511699000480635436

Ok, so when I checked the tracking info on Saturday , 09/20 I got this :
September 20, 2014 :
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

September 22, 2014 , 7:37 pm, Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility ,GAINESVILLE, FL 32653

I realize USPS isn't the most reliable when it comes to tracking updates but it gives the impression that a shipping lable was printed on the 19th but the order wasn't actually physically delivered to the post office until today.

This used to be a common issue when waiting on orders from Jersey and I thought perhaps the Jersey Post office was just that backed up or unreliable with tracking info updates.

Given this new info it looks like I'm sent an e mail telling me my order was shipped, before it has actually shipped.

Honestly, I'd rather get that e mail on the ship date rather than the date the label was printed. :unsure:

It's not really a big issue except if your paying for priority mail, or your shipment included priority shipping, shouldn't it go out the day the label is created ? Call it priority mail if you want but if it sits on a shelf for 2 or 3 days and then goes out there isn't much priority about it.

Last edited:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
If im thinking correctly a lot of businesses print thier shipping labels at the business. Thats where the tracking number gets generated. Then the mail man picks up the package or they take it to the PO. That would explain the dates. They printed the label (generated tracking number on the 19th) but it got scanned in by the PO or given to them on or between the 19th to the 22nd.

At least thats what ive always assumed was going on. Im sure im completely wrong though so dont listen to me.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Sage-femme

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Beautiful Central Florida
This is a common aggravation since the USPS went online. Businesses can print a label with assigned tracking number, but the package can sit for days. It doesn't even go into the system until someone (carrier or counter clerk) from the USPS actually scans it into the system. The email should state your shipping label was created and that's it. Everyone wants to blame the USPS (many businesses count on that) when it's not their responsibility until it's scanned into the system. It's a modern smoke and mirrors efficiency game that businesses play ... and yes, it is very frustrating.

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
This is a common aggravation since the USPS went online. Businesses can print a label with assigned tracking number, but the package can sit for days. It doesn't even go into the system until someone (carrier or counter clerk) from the USPS actually scans it into the system. The email should state your shipping label was created and that's it. Everyone wants to blame the USPS (many businesses count on that) when it's not their responsibility until it's scanned into the system. It's a modern smoke and mirrors efficiency game that businesses play ... and yes, it is very frustrating.

Efficiency game....exactly ! Receiving an e mail stating your item has shipped when the reality is a shipping label was created and it will ship whenever someone gets around to dropping it off at the post office. As I've said, if the shippings free then ok, it's hard to complain but when your paying for shipping it's another story. I know if I pay for priority mail from anywhere else on a Friday and the item actually goes to the post office I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday because the USPS does move packages over the weekend.

Printing a shipping label to give the appearance of fast shipping is a deceitful practice in my opinion. I love Halo but it makes me think my future orders need to be planned further in advance so I'll get them when I need them,

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
whenever ive gotten an email, it explictly says "a shipping number has been created from seller" and I believe it also says its not an indication its actually shipped.

And even though everyones always ragging in USPS's website/tracking, ive never had issues with it. It will say "shipping created by seller/awaiting pickup" or "at xxxxxxx facility waiting for scanning"
Its always been up to date for me.
The only issue ive had, was not from the website but the carrier itself. Said it was delivered, never was or was sent to the wrong apartment number.

If you are taking the cheapest, or 2nd cheapest shipping option, then you need to give it some time. You cant expect the same level of speedyness as paying for 2nd day UPS as USPS priority. In my experience, if I place an order on monday morning via usps priority, I know its going to be there by friday at the latest. If I place an order on a friday in the afternoon, I know it most likely wont go out until monday at the latest. And then its at the mercy of USPS to get it there. Doesnt matter if its Halo or another retailer. Hell, maybe their last pickup is at 3pm and your order is finished at 3:05pm, still has to wait till the next pickup (which would most likely be a monday). Its not like selling as a person in the classifieds section, who takes a sack load of boxes to the post office to ship. They have the carriers take their loads once a day at designated times on monday to friday.

Looking at your tracking number, thats what it looks like happened. You placed your order on a friday via USPS priority. You missed their friday pickup time, so it had to wait till monday's pickup and it went to the sorting facility. From monday to tuesday it make its trip to Wisconsin's sorting facility. So chances are, its going to be out for delivery on Wednesday (as long as your location of "midwest" is in Wisconsin)

For a monday ship to a wednesday deliver, on a 2 day priority ship, thats spot on. Nexttime, dont wait till friday to place an order. Just my $0.02
(this doesnt apply to only Halo, i would say the same for ANY retailer online)

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
whenever ive gotten an email, it explictly says "a shipping number has been created from seller" and I believe it also says its not an indication its actually shipped.

My e mail stated as follows "We are pleased to inform you that your purchase from The Halo Company has shipped via USPS"

So that's my issue. Halo says it shipped, the USPS says a shipping label has been created. Sometimes my orders have to coincide with payday so a Friday order is unavoidable. I received my order so all is good, I'd just like a little honesty when ordering something priority mail.

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
Disclaimer: Alcohol is a factor. My opinions do not reflect any other e-cig forum users or any specific company

At this injunction, it is such a minute (my-nute) point. Its wording in an email that seems to be putting your panties in a bunch. But its a widely accepted practice of all small e-commerce companies with regular business hours. You order late on friday, still have to wait till monday for their shipments to be picked up. Order placed, labeled, and put in the outbox of a company on a friday. In most corporate eyes, it is shipped. Just waiting on USPS to make the pick-up to uphold their half of the shipping process.
Maybe its also from a "Doug Stanhope" way of thinking..... but its almost like you are complaining just to complain. Sitting behind a computer, clicking random buttons, and HOLY CHITE stuff just comes to your door!!
Its less than a week, whats there to complain about?
Order off ebay or something similar. You are at the mercy of the seller to get off their lazy butts and actually drop it off at the PO to mail it. Stuff can take 7+ days. And its not like a huge e-commerce company like amazon who have access to shipping 7 days of the week. Halo is a regular company with employees who work Monday to Friday. They dont have special arrangements with USPS to get your stuff out within hours of orders being placed.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Myself, I never order on Fridays, and always consider the point that any company says "shipped" and USPS says "label generated" as limbo time, that exist outside of the real space time continuum.

It should also be noted, i never order juice i need desperately, I always order when I am down to a months supply. That way.. the USPS can have their filthy way with my product, send it to Istanbul once, and I will still get it before I run out. We always talk about backups of backups for our hardware... think of doing it for your juices too!!.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
My e mail stated as follows "We are pleased to inform you that your purchase from The Halo Company has shipped via USPS"

So that's my issue. Halo says it shipped, the USPS says a shipping label has been created. Sometimes my orders have to coincide with payday so a Friday order is unavoidable. I received my order so all is good, I'd just like a little honesty when ordering something priority mail.
I hafta agree with nyabzns here.

First, Ready to be shipped is not shipped. The email should say something like, "Your purchase is packaged and is awaiting USPS pickup."

Second, Halo's shipping policy states "We do our very best to ship orders as quickly as possible. Orders received before 3:00PM EST on Monday - Friday are normally shipped the same day. Orders received before 11:30AM EST on Saturday are also typically shipped the same day."

So, he ordered Friday, it should have hit a post office on Friday, Saturday at the latest, not Monday.

And it's one thing if it was first class. But this was Priority. I don't think he's "putting (his) panties in a bunch."

Halo should of had that Priority package at the post office Sat 20. Or they should revise their policy.

Hey, I'm the first to defend Halo. And if there were extenuating circumstances, that's different. Like my lost package from last winter during the 3 feet of snow. But this is Florida.

nyabzns, I'd query Halo Customer Service. I'd be interested to hear their response to this.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Dave... I bet the shipping policy you copy/pasted was written when they were still based in NJ and has NOT been changed to reflect the changes in pickup times or whatever in their new FL location.

Things like that on the website, from the costumer point of view should be changed ASAP... from the business point of view, it is those little things.. that get forgotten, ignore or relegated to 'as soon as i can' list.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
You are right, that policy has not been altered. I wonder, maybe Halo Florida doesn't work on Saturday?

And yes, that policy either needs to be revised, or they need to make a PO run Saturday before the PO closes.

I think there's still some Jersey references that need revision.

And it is entirely possible that this was an aberration. Every other Saturday was fine. In this case, Halo needs to address this issue with nyabzns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread