Difference between Cartomizer, Atomizer, Clearomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
It helps to understand the evolution of the words. Look at the pics on this page. The first is a 3 piece which consists of a battery, a cartridge and an atomizer. At that time the atomizer was just the piece that heated the liquid turning it to vapor.

Somewhere along the line the atomizer and cartridge were combined to one piece and that was a cartomizer.

Some people wanted to see the liquid levels so some cartomizers were made clear. This was the first clearomizer. Eventually those started to get bigger and evolved to have replaceable parts. Just look up the difference between CE2, CE3 and CE4.

ETA - I stopped at CE4 because after that every company started doing their own numbering system to the point a CE4+, CE5 and CE6 could all be the exact same thing or totally different.

So now that you know the evolution - Some people use all three terms interchangeably but they really aren't interchangeable.

Last edited:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
You may also check out this link: Proper Terminology: Juice Attachments
That comes from member Baditude's blog here on ECF. It's a very good breakdown on what the different toppers are... hope this help you out some! :)

Edit to add:
I'd tell you my favorite, but at your stage in the game, I'd say probably the Aspire Nautilus Mini...

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
1445405-3.jpg

808D Disposable Refill Cartomizers for E-Cigarettes (5-Pack)mint flavor / 18mg/ml nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread