Difference between iqos vs vaping tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Are you talking about dry leaf vaporizers that actually heat but don't burn tobacco leaves/tobacco? I don't think they work that well is the consensus, but I guess there might be some harm reduction there, they just don't tend to be very efficient or effective.

The IQOS is a "modified" heat not burn product that has these "sticks" you put in there that's pretty much a mashup of big tobacco tobacco and (possibly other additives, IDK, it's kind of hard to know.)

From reviews I've seen on the IQOS, it's more like "tobacco" but can also be messy, requires frequent cleaning and etc. I don't think anyone really knows what is IN the IQOS other than some form of tobacco, and I personally wouldn't use either.

As far as I'm concerned, vaping is superior to both. I don't know if a dry tobacco vaporizer would work better than the IQOS or if one is healthier than the other.

Anna

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I used to smoke marlboro lights / gold. I started vaping in 2009 when Janty Ego was the best you could get (and wasn;t too bad either.) Fast forward to 2018 and my vape set up is coolfire 4 Plus with Aspire Cleito .4ohm sub ohm coild and tanks. If you like vaping this is amazing, lots of vapour, can get it just as hot as you like, flavours are clean and strong, batteries and coils last forever etc. But for me I still craved the taste of tobacco. Another thing that is particular to me and does not change no matter how long I give it is that if I do not smoke in the evening I do not sleep. Anyhow, I cut down to 3 cigs a day, one at 6pm, one at 8pm and one before bed. No vaping. Those 3 were all I needed. BUT I still felt drained all day, foggy in the morning, coughing up mucus in the shower from time to time, waking up with a fog in my head and on my chest, just a basically horrid detrimental effect on my health even though only 3 a day. I have been using IQOS and HEETS for a week now. I still only have 3 to 4 a day. What can I say after day two no more mucus, no more head and chest fog, no more getting out of breath or hear palpitations. No more ash, no more smell on fingers, hand or clothes and better oral health. I'm not here to convert anyone. I loved vaping but it just did not cut it for me.

So that's my story. IQOS has given me my energy and health back, I FEEL as healthy as when I only vaped. Some throat irritation for the first few days and then it went.

How does it feel? It's amazingly good. You get the tobacco taste (I don't like the Amber HEETS, I like Yellow and Menthol) the smoke feel and flavour and nicotine rush is just like a cig, more satisfying than vape to me, and the ammount of vapour - it is not smoke - is surprisingly good even outdoors, not as much as a cig but close and the have make them so the flavour is really good. Also I feel satisfied after one HEET. It feels the same as having one cig but without any nasty effects in my health. With vape I just wanted to chain vape all the time.

With IQOS I vape one HEET and I'm satisfied just like with a cig. I still have only 3 to 4 a day and I sleep perfectly.

To me it is revolutionary, I will never go back to cigs even if having a few beers (could never say that with just vaping) and will use IQOS for as long as it is allowed.

Cleaner, feels healthier. I know the data is not 100% accepted and some believe is suspect - ie PMI's claims of 90& less harmful than smoking - but all I can say is I FEEL SO MUCH HEALTHIER NOW it has literally changed my life and moods (even my 3 to 4 cigs a day made me anxious and a bit depressed at times.) Even if it's only 50% healthier I'd take it. I just feel so much stronger, energetic and ALIVE again. Plus it's - for me - very enjoyable, as much as a real cig.

The device is well made and so far works flawlessly. I was never a heavy smoker or heavy vaper or heavy dual user, so the charging time and puff limit doesn't bother me.

The price is similar per pack of 20 to a pack of 20 cigs so no money savings to be made. Well there are online cheaper places but I will not mention them here.

All I can say is that for ME in my subjective experience only a week and a bit in, I'm sold on it, enjoy it as much as smoking and feel 100% healthier again.
I will neither smoke not use e-cigs anymore. Neither are for me. Given the choice between the two sadly I would choose smoking. I'm firmly addicted to tobacco, there's no two ways about it. So for me it's a massive win and a revolution.

That's all.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
If Japan is any indication of the success, these things are going to be a huge hit.

It seems the vast majority of smokers there lose interest in vaping, yet stick with the IQQS system instead of smoking.

To me it's a little like going back to the number of photos available from a film camera using a digital camera.
I like a vape simply because I can turn it off and back on so once it is turned on it doesn't expend it's battery life or juice like a lit cigarette (or an IQQS) does.

If it reaches the US enmass I may try it. Afterall, some 10 years ago I tried that new thing called "nicotine vape".

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If Japan is any indication of the success, these things are going to be a huge hit.

It seems the vast majority of smokers there lose interest in vaping, yet stick with the IQQS system instead of smoking.

To me it's a little like going back to the number of photos available from a film camera using a digital camera.
I like a vape simply because I can turn it off and back on so once it is turned on it doesn't expend it's battery life or juice like a lit cigarette (or an IQQS) does.

If it reaches the US enmass I may try it. Afterall, some 10 years ago I tried that new thing called "nicotine vape".
There is a substantial difference between Japan and the US: In Japan, e-liquid containing nicotine is not legal. Thus vaping has never really been a viable alternative to smoking.

I picked up an IQOS kit and a carton of Heets in Germany in September. I think it holds promise for some who have not succeeded with vaping, but it certainly isn't going to displace vaping for me. I'll have one when I'm in the mood, but that's pretty dang rare. So far, I've only been through half a pack of the things. I like the "whole tobacco" effect it has, but the taste (and aftertaste) is not appealing to me. To its credit, it's relatively inoffensive to bystanders and it doesn't stink up a room like actual smoke does.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well I'm about 3 months in and have not had one cigarette since. It does take I'd say two weeks to get used to but now I have it I'd never go back. I use the vape for work but still crave tobacco and IQOS and HEETS give me that without making me feel like crud and after two weeks of the cigs it tastes just like a cig to me but cleaner. As long as I have a working IQOS and some HEETS I'll never want a cig ever again. My health is much better these days, no cough, no coughing up phelgm, no dizziness when going from crouching or bending down to standing. I'm very happy with IQOS. I have no plans to quit, and the sad fact is that without IQOS I's still be smoking in the evenings after work. So it's a win win for me, get my tobacco but feel healthy again. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread