Difference between two Doc Dave genesis atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Hey all,

I own a Steam Turbine, and love the hell out of it.

I have the opportunity to purchase a discounted titanium Reactor, but am really unsure - aside from the aesthetic look of the things - what the difference between the two atomizers is! tank capacity? Chamber size, perhaps? Wall and/or glass thickness? Center post height?

If anyone knows, please let me in on it because I don't want to spend the money for something that I essentially already have :)

Thank you so much.

~ vaya

Reactions: Innova

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Will take a look - thanks!!

Edit: whoops, looks like this is a review for the Steam Turbine. I own the Titanium version of this already. I'm curious about the Reactor :) I'll look around but haven't found *nearly* as much information on the Reactor as much as the Turbine. Not sure why!

Last edited:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Very interesting! How do these gennies perform? What's the air flow control? Is it adjustable? I can't find a review of the Reactor in English. There are plenty of reviews of the Steam Turbine though. They seem to want to set these gennies up dual coil, but I'm interested in how they perform with a single coil.

Last edited:

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
I have the Steam Turbine & the Mini Micro but I've never set them up single coil. The airflow is 2 small holes on both sides of the cap. It is not adjustable. I am no genny expert, but for me they perform really well. I use 325 mesh & 26g kanthal. Funny though, because I was interested in a single coil genny and just today received my DID from Greece. Will build it tomorrow. Wow, looks like I will need to use a larger wick. The whole on the deck seems larger than what is on my Doc Daves. I'm excited to try it because I read a lot of you veterans like them.

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
Wow, just got done building. Used the mesh that came with the DID. Seems to be 325 or 400. 6 wraps 26g. Yum! I'm really happy. Draw is a little bit tight but it seems good. It's a good day!!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 22

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Wow, just got done building. Used the mesh that came with the DID. Seems to be 325 or 400. 6 wraps 26g. Yum! I'm really happy. Draw is a little bit tight but it seems good. It's a good day!!! View attachment 522937

That's how I'm doing it, 26 kanthal 6 wraps, gets me .7 ohm with the brass center post. I drilled the air hole on my DIDs out to 5/64ths. See if that doesn't give you the draw you like :)

Vaya

ECF Veteran
A friend in Texas ended up surprising me with a Reactor in the mail. It's incredible. He artfully drilled the air holes out one size up from stock and I actually like it leaps and bounds better than the Turbine, which I still love.

The atty is media blasted titanium and looks like a smoke stack from the advent of the industrial revolution... Ill get a picture up here in a sec.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread