Different EVOD battery models?? Quality consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayQC

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2014
Canada
I recently bought new batteries for my MINI PT3 and noticed one of them has a significantly shorter life than the other.

Another thing I noticed is that this same one also has some sort of power delivery behavior that is extremely annoying.

Not that long after a full recharge (let's say maybe an hour of moderate vaping while gaming or something), the LED button will quickly dim down to nothing when firing and the vape will be virtually non-existent. Sounds like a dead battery right?

Well the 15 flashes don't come on to indicate a dead battery and if you leave that battery alone for 20-25 minutes it will start to fire back up somewhat normally as if it still has a reasonable charge.

A few hours later when the battery is fully dead you get the same behavior, but it can take 3-4 empty vapes before you get the 15 flashes to indicate a dead battery.

The battery that seems to be working normally has P1410 written on the base, the offending one has "5 D" written on it.

Are those different models?

What's going on here? A bad batch?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
When talking about EVOD batteries, are you talking stick ego-like batts? I only buy genuine KANGERTECH EVODs, as a matter of fact, that's all I use.

If your stick batts are acting funny, I would toss and buy genuine Kangertech EVODs to power your PT3 clearomizers.

They are cheap enough and I would just not be taking chances with flakey batteries, not to mention when you are out and about and your batts start acting flakey, you are w/out a vape!

IT is very possible that the problem lies with your usb charger as well....it may not be charging the batts correctly. Also, the plate inside the 510 connector may have gotten pushed in, you can gently go aroudn the edges with a toothpick or something and pull it up a bit so it makes better contact w/charger.

Reactions: motordude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread