Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    My thoughts after using it for few days
    Big improvement over the previous version in terms of build quality, the build deck is similar to the previous version but juice channels are smaller makes it easier to wick, absolutely no leak at all even when I fill it with both JFC & AFC wide open.
    After trying different builds the best flavor I got with 3.5mm ID & the coil lower as far as I could to bottom air flow, flavor is there but not as pronounced as other RTAs it is kinda slightly muted IMO

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2016
    Since its been a few months, how does it hold up? i have been debating getting one, having been burnt by the original (figuratively and literally, let your claptons cool before messing with the cotton) but wanted to get real world usage feedback before pulling the trigger.

Would kinda like to hear more about this tank as well (not a lot out there, surprisingly. A sign?). I've been considering a new DTL tank for a bit to replace my SMM...Narrowed it down to this and the Zeus. No other tanks have really piqued my interest.

TDC123

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 2, 2014
    The Blue Grass State, USA
    On the Pharaoh Mini...

I have three, have had them since Christmas.

Build quality is great. I like the "Rip Tip".

On two of them we have had trouble with "no atomizer" messages from our mods. In both cases tightening the positive post snug, not king kong tight, but just snug to the deck (not the base) eliminated that issue and it never returned.

The tank underperforms though. I've tried several types of coils and wicking from dense to airy. The airflow is restricted which would be fine if it could produce flavor with less energetic coils that don't require lots of airflow. I cannot get it to. If a person puts in a larger coil (fused claptons, staples, whatever) hoping to find a way to increase the flavor then the kind of wicking that will feed those coils will cause a leak. Reason being is that you have to throttle those coils down to make best use of the modest airflow. All the juice doesn't get used and it leaks out the airflow ports. That is my theory anyway.

I don't know if it's the size of the chamber, airflow to coil mass ratio or what but I'm more disappointed with these that the original. I like the original. It's just huge and odd looking but it's a great single coil tank with some quirks. There are very few tanks that don't have quirks. I never had the issues with it that others have.

I'm honestly surprised at the muted flavor from this one. I've never failed to get the most from a tank but this one has not worked out for me so far. I do wont it to work out too. It's a nice tank. I'm truly surprised at how difficult it has been to get decent flavor from it.

With SS plain wire coils in 24 or 26 gauge using TC it worked it's best but there are tanks that to do better, easier.

Reactions: ShaneR42

Raider87

Jul 11, 2014
    Mississippi, USA
    I picked up the black one, been using it for a few days.

So far, real easy to build, had no leaking, flavor is nice.
    I really like the "Rip Tip" ....was weird at first being that bulky, but it's so dang comfortable after you get used to the size.

The top fill has big openings and really smooth threads to take the top off.

An all around solid RTA, and should be beginner friendly since the build deck is so easy, it's a breeze to put a coil in.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Raider87

Jul 11, 2014
    Mississippi, USA
    I think I saw the review your talking about. I don't put much stock in reviewers opinions, I like to from my own. My only concern with this tank is no JFC, I'm hoping it works well with out it, seeing its not really a GTA.
    It has juice flow control, if thats what you mean...or were you talking about the Kylin

Reactions: Heartsdelight

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Has anyone found those new colors yet? I have my eyes on polished SS, but cant find it anywhere.
    MyVPro has the new colors all listed, but with an arrival date of 4/25-5/5. You can order them though. Not sure if they are in stock already (site isn't always updated that quickly), but you can order it if you want to make sure you get one when the first shipment comes in.

I've seen stuff I buy from them ship before the 'arrival date' listed on the site. They may already be in stock.

I kind of like the polished SS myself. I think the white one is kind of cool too. Don't see many tanks done that way.

Reactions: bigbob2322

Faria

Apr 30, 2018
    I've had one for 2 weeks now. At first it was perfect, really nice flavor and no leaks. But then on 3rd or 4th day the mute flavor and even dry hits began. After much rebuilding I came to the conclusion that it was not me, it had to be something with the tank. As it turns out it just needs a little burping, like a baby.

1 - It does need some attention wicking, with about half of the fluffy ends of cotton make a "barrier" against the deck, really press that cotton against it, the rest of the fluffy tail should just sit, loosely, on the juice port.

2 - When refiling close air and JFC, fill, close, turn upside down, open air, open JFC. This should be done as too vent the extra pressure from screwing the cap, restoring vacuum.

3 - Now, in point 2 we vented the extra pressure created inside the tank but as we vape that pressure keeps increasing, the easiest way to get rid of it is just holding the mod past the horizontal plane in your hand between puffs. That or take puffs with the mod, again, past the horizontal plane... like a street thug holds a gun.

What I think happens is: the tank needs a set force of pressure, the normal is slightly negative (like the straw with water when covering the other end with a finger) - this amount of pressure keeps it from spilling but also doesn't hold the juice too much so it can feed the wick.

When we fill and screw the cap we create positive pressure and, at least in this tank, is so great that pushes liquid out of the tank trough the juice holes, and I think it's pushing so hard that doesn't let the juice "climb" the wick... On the other end if we vent this pressure the vape is good but with use we increase the negative pressure and the tanks doesn't let the juice flow...

Conclusion: it needs to burp, like, many times to equalise it's pressure with atmospheric pressure and restore optimal vacuum. I suspect that a lot of tanks have this quirk to some degree...

• Useful
    Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread