Diluting ejuice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah you gotta be careful with distilled water even in high VG mixes. I guess you could try a drop in your tank but I sort of have a feeling it would get gross and watery LONG before you achieved your desired effect.

Anna

With that said, you can try. The worst thing that will happen is it will suck... more. But it shouldn't blow up your equipment or anything.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I am going to experiment with the 18 mg freebase juice in my low powered pod device. Just want to ask if I feel too much nicotine or find the throat hit to be harsh can I dilute it with distilled water?
I never dilute with distilled water if mg too high, i would rather dilute with PG or VG!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I am going to experiment with the 18 mg freebase juice in my low powered pod device. Just want to ask if I feel too much nicotine or find the throat hit to be harsh can I dilute it with distilled water?
You CAN. Whether it will do what you want is an entirely different matter. Water thins juice very very fast. It also has a higher boiling point than other bases so in anything other than very small amounts it can cause problems.

Part of the confusion here is the nature of these experiments is not clear. What is the situation and what are you trying to change attempt or alleviate?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
You CAN. Whether it will do what you want is an entirely different matter. Water thins juice very very fast. It also has a higher boiling point than other bases so in anything other than very small amounts it can cause problems.

Part of the confusion here is the nature of these experiments is not clear. What is the situation and what are you trying to change attempt or alleviate?
Yes it was in the OP, quite clear he simply wanted to know if he could lower the Mg by dilution using distilled water if it turns out the throat hit is too much. Personally i think @greek mule has the right idea!

kashif

May 26, 2019
If it is not high vg juice you can't add distilled water.It will make it too thin.The best option is to buy the same e-liquid at 6mg/ml and mix them,this will result at a 12 mg/ml juice.

Yeah you gotta be careful with distilled water even in high VG mixes. I guess you could try a drop in your tank but I sort of have a feeling it would get gross and watery LONG before you achieved your desired effect.

Anna

With that said, you can try. The worst thing that will happen is it will suck... more. But it shouldn't blow up your equipment or anything.

I never dilute with distilled water if mg too high, i would rather dilute with PG or VG!

Yes it was in the OP, quite clear he simply wanted to know if he could lower the Mg by dilution using distilled water if it turns out the throat hit is too much. Personally i think @greek mule has the right idea!

Lower than PG VG Bomb

You could, a drop or 2 used in several ml of eliquid can normally thin it, but doesn't really lower the nicotine. The amount of water needed to really lower the nic is going to be too much to actually vape well.

Thank you so much. I dropped the idea of adding distilled water. I have two strengths available of the same juice, 18 mg and 6 mg. What proportion shall I mix with? Same equal amount of 6 mg juice to 18 mg? Please advise

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I have two strengths available of the same juice, 18 mg and 6 mg. What proportion shall I mix with? Same equal amount of 6 mg juice to 18 mg? Please advise
Depends what strength you're trying to achieve. If you mix them 50/50 you will get 12 mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread