Display and finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
The metallic bronze and the satin black are the same finish types. So, I'd guess that they would show wear about equally. I've had a metallic bronze provari since June 10, and there's not a single mark on it. However, I do actively avoid doing things like putting it in the same pocket as my keys.

I can't help you with the blue LED as I have the green. I do agree, it is a bit hard to see in direct sunlight. But, it's not like I'm interacting with anything in the menu more than a couple times a day. So, for the way I use it, it's really a non issue. But, I could see it being annoying if you had some reason to spend a lot of time in the menu while outdoors.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Going to be ordering a mini in the next few days, and just want to know if the blue display is hard to see in the sunlight like the green? ...

This is one, among a Lot of Things, that I like about a Provari. There is No Problem seeing the Display in Bright Light.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have both a blue (blue display) and a black Provari (green display). I rarely have to read the displays in direct sunlight; if it ever becomes a problem just shade the display window by cupping your hand around it. I will say that the green is slightly sharper (and maybe slightly brighter) and easier to read than the blue, but the difference between the blue/green display is very minimal.

I have found the carokote finish on my two Provari's to be very durable. One or the other is used daily, and often slid into a pocket when I'm out. Any mod is going to suffer scratches or dings if you are going to mix keys or a phone in the same pocket. Use some common sense and keep a pocket free reserved for your $200 Provari.

My blue Provari is one year old this month. It has taken more tumbles from my lap to the pavement when getting out of my car than I'm willing to admit. It has two minor dings from this abuse, as can be seen from this image (the white specks between the Provari logo and the power button). That's a pretty tough and durable finish IMO.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have blue LED and find it hard to see in bright sunlight, have to shade it with other hand.

Then again i live in the UK so sunlight is a rarity

I just turn the Tube Slightly so the LED is in the Shade of the Window and I can Read it Fine. It isn't as easy to read as indoors, but that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread