Status
Not open for further replies.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Redgirl, My wife loved the Cin Pear, so needless to say I am going to have to make this one LOL, have the PA cin, just curious did you use the PA pear too?

I have been using my Blueberry Caramel Toffee vape for about 2 months now, cant get away from it. Just used it last night on the AFS I made and with no cart filler it is awesome.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/96580-tube-juice-feeding-24.html#post1817672

Anyway just wanted to pop in and say thanks and HI!
Dan

Oh, good! Glad she enjoyed it! Yeah, I do use PA's pear. This was my original recipe:

65% Perfumer's Apprentice Pear
25% Perfumer's Apprentice Cinnamon
10% Perfumer's Apprentice Cinnamon Red Hots

But I think that might be too cinnamony for some people. I think I toned down the cinnamon on the one I sent to you.

Love the RY4 that you made. Been vaping that since I got it! Haven't mixed anything myself with the Seedman's, but I was thinking of trying to make a different type of RY4. I wanted to try to incorporate a malty flavor to it, but I don't know of any malt flavoring. Anyone know of one?

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Oh, good! Glad she enjoyed it! Yeah, I do use PA's pear. This was my original recipe:

65% Perfumer's Apprentice Pear
25% Perfumer's Apprentice Cinnamon
10% Perfumer's Apprentice Cinnamon Red Hots

But I think that might be too cinnamony for some people. I think I toned down the cinnamon on the one I sent to you.

Love the RY4 that you made. Been vaping that since I got it! Haven't mixed anything myself with the Seedman's, but I was thinking of trying to make a different type of RY4. I wanted to try to incorporate a malty flavor to it, but I don't know of any malt flavoring. Anyone know of one?

OK cool I will get some PA pear, already have the regular cin and it is potent stuff, think I will try the two for now and see how it goes.
Thanks!

hey Dan, can you give us all the recipe for:

Blueberry Caramel Toffee

or is it a secret recipe.....now you are making my mouth water...lol

Hi Sandy,
Not a secret at all :)

2 parts PA Blueberry
1 Part Lorann Caramel
1 Part Lorann English Toffee

It is my main vape :)
Dan

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you veteran mixologists for all the advice and hints you have shared. I've only been mixing for a month but I noticed tonight there are 9 bottles of my blends on my desk and only 2 from vendors (and 1 of those I had to help a little) It seems like even when my mix isn't everything I was hoping for, it's still vapeable or I can use one of your tips to make it so! (and I've only had to resort to Vape Wizard once ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience and recipes so freely!

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
It seems like even when my mix isn't everything I was hoping for, it's still vapeable or I can use one of your tips to make it so! (and I've only had to resort to Vape Wizard once ;)

It's kinda like cooking, huh? Unless it's total crap, it's still edible/vapeable.

I've got to try some Vape Wizard next, I've read people's opinions of it, but it seems like something that you have to judge for yourself.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan, do you have any idea on what could be used to amp up flavoring besides obviously, more flavoring? For example, to get a really strong blueberry using Capella's blueberry or blueberry crumble.

Any food additives, maybe?

I have had long talks with Linda at the PA, and there are 2 camps, 100% synthetic where they use artificial flavoring to make the flavor, and a combination of both synthetic and natural flavoring. The problem is that the more natual flavoring that is used, it decreases shelf life and in some cases needs to be refrigerated. So IMHO food additives would do 2 things, introduce additional matter to cling to the atty and decrease the shelf life. I have found that by blending different manufactures flavor like blueberry and adding in a similar tasting flavors (tropical punch) helps to bring out the flavor better.
Hope this helped a little.
Dan

Last edited:

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
Right now I'm having the most luck with cutting down premixed juices and then adding more flavor.

Everything I mix by hand seems either too strong (I hurt myself with strawberry banana) or loses its flavor after sitting overnight.

I have to say I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm working on a banana fosters waffle right now. It's good when it starts out but it loses its flavor overnight lol

Springbird

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Connecticut
Hi all, just wanted to say hi. Diluting the butterscotch worked. I'm going to wait until after this hurricane passes before I order any more flavors. I'm kind of anxious waiting to see how close it comes to where I live. I'm having an " I can't taste anything but burnt" day. In part because I'm learning how to use the Ego and I am drawing wrong or too often and I keep letting the atty get too dry ( I think).

Oh, also lots of confused potential DIYers in the beginners forum tonight. Scubabatdan and PureVapes are your ears ringing? I keep sending them here to read all your great stuff and to download Scubabatan's calculator.

Last edited:

Springbird

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Connecticut
Don't worry too much, it looks like it's going to be a near miss, but won't really know for a while. I'm thinking of mixing some sweet spearmint. Like spearmint gum. What about a sweet spearmint with a bit of vanilla. I just need to get the flavoring. If I think about making a flavoring order on Sat. it will help me to not worry about the storm that will arrive on Friday. I am prepared to have every one of my e-cig batteries charged ahead of time.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I have had long talks with Linda at the PA, and there are 2 camps, 100% synthetic where they use artificial flavoring to make the flavor, and a combination of both synthetic and natural flavoring. The problem is that the more natual flavoring that is used, it decreases shelf life and in some cases needs to be refrigerated. So IMHO food additives would do 2 things, introduce additional matter to cling to the atty and decrease the shelf life. I have found that by blending different manufactures flavor like blueberry and adding in a similar tasting flavors (tropical punch) helps to bring out the flavor better.
Hope this helped a little.
Dan

Thanks for the feedback, Dan! Now I'm going to have to do a little experimenting to find that special something that gives blueberry a kick in the ...!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread