DIY E-Liquid Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingers916

• Jan 7, 2013
    /I just started vaping, and trying to make my own eliquid.
    Myprobel is that my recipes taste good BUT no exhale vapor if i puff on the ecig there is vapor and if i dont inhale there is vapor but after i hit it like you would a cig, and exhale nothing happens.... What am i doing wrong?

Ive been using several eliquid calculaters and im using flavors by lorann and 24mg unflavored pg based nicotene from ecig express

i got 500ml of 24mg unflavored pg based for 30 bucks at ecigexpress great deal.

any tips? thanks for reading and happy new year

-Ducky

vsummer1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2012
    California
    First off, WELCOME to the forum!

There are so many variables in this, and knowing your set up would help a lot. Perhaps you need to match up the atty ohms to the volts on the PV?

Also, you are using 100% PG. VG is what gives better vapor, PG tends to carry flavors better. I love clouds, so never mix higher than 50/50. VG can be picked up at CVS, some say also at Walmart. Mine is CVS brand, sold as glycerin in the lotion section.

Glock Rock

ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2012
    Indiana
    Yeah, your problem lies in that you are vaping 100% PG. VG is what gives vapor on the exhale. You'll find that you'll start having some clouds when you add VG in to the mix. Play around and find what ratio works best for you. More VG means more vapor, but it can mildly mute flavor if you go with really high concentrations. You can get VG in lots of places. CVS, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Tractor Supply Co., etc. There are plenty of places that sell it online, if you'd rather that.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2012
    California
    Ok i will try and get some vg what would i look for at walgreens? and what section possibly

I don't shop there, but CVS has it on the bottom shelf in the lotions. The label says "Pure Glycerin USP". Just remember that when you add the VG your nic level will be diluted as well. Next time you order your nic, order it with some VG in it. Or, since you are using 24 mg PG, order some 24 mg VG and mix them together for a 50/50 mix then make your juice with that.

Last edited:

Fingers916

• Jan 7, 2013
    I don't shop there, but CVS has it on the bottom shelf in the lotions. The label says "Pure Glycerin USP". Just remember that when you add the VG your nic level will be diluted as well. Next time you order your nic, order it with some VG in it. Or, since you are using 24 mg PG, order some 24 mg VG and mix them together for a 50/50 mix then make your juice with that.

Ok i will do that tomorrow thank you!, i dont mind the nicotine getting deluded i bought 24mg so when i do mix it is lowered a bit

Ecigexpress has a 250 ml 24mg nic for 14.99 50/50 mix so i may invest in that also

vsummer1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2012
    California
    Ok i will do that tomorrow thank you!, i dont mind the nicotine getting deluded i bought 24mg so when i do mix it is lowered a bit

Ecigexpress has a 250 ml 24mg nic for 14.99 50/50 mix so i may invest in that also

I think Wizard labs is having a sale... but buy the same amount of VG and just mix the 2 together for 50/50 so you don't have to waste the stuff you already have. I honestly use 30/70 pg/vg a lot also, so if it isn't exactly 50/50 since you used some of the PG, no harm there.

ETA: it is 13.49 on sale, so check the shipping charges on both sites to find the best deal.

Rosenhave

Jan 8, 2013
    Danmark
    Hello there.

I'm doing my own mixture too. Using PG 50% - VG 41% and vodka 9% - It's give me a very nice base ground to put flavor in.
    For tobacco taste I'm use max. 3% and for all other 10%. And when done mixing it's importan that let the mixture wait for some
    days, like 6-7 day's before vaping it. It will give you the best results.

With kind regard

Rosenhave, Denmark

PS: Sorry for mis-spelling, but never learned english.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread