• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought over from SG Vaper Group - Try to keep the budget to a minimal for everyone

Local shops - Credit goes to MC28

Propylene Glycol [0.33oz] - S$4.00 : Milagro Trading Store

Vegetable Glycerin - S$0.00 : Milagro Trading Store

Menthol Crystals [0.25oz] - S$2.00 : Milagro Trading Store
Menthol Crystals evaporate at 21 degrees celcius. Keep refrigerated and minimize contact with skin.

Flavourings found locally:

Pandan - shop and save, Sheng Siong and most supermarkets

Peach - Carrefour Suntec

Based on this http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/52669-pg-vg-labeling-purity-please-read.html

Glycerin BP from Guardians can be used (at own discretion)
https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?ProdSKU=840416514&CatID=118

My first experiment

d7a1158cf7.jpg

VG from above link arrived in 3 days.

Pandan Flavouring - 2.5ml
VG - 9ml
menthol crystal - ~2cm crystal

microwave for 10secs to get cystals to dissolve. Caution : Extremly hot. Dip in bowl of water to cool. Place cap immediately as menthol is pretty volatile.

Verdict : Strong menthol! Can smell it when u open the bottle! Little TH. Sweet pandan aftertaste! Gonna enjoy dripping this for hours.

Last edited:
@randomname: Damn, my order was ship out on the 8th, praying that it's delivered tmr and then i can take my Redbull PG based e-juice to experiment.

By the way, i saw PG based Peach flavour @ Carrefour Suntec..And if i nv rem wrongly, it's colourless..

ooh great! we should post any local flavourings that we see so I can post it in the first post. Colourless preferred!

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
Yea I noticed that too. Maybe I got the last packet. Did you enquire whether they'll be stocking it up again?

Yea, u probably got the last pack..They already ordered the stock, need to get some once they have it..Just receive my VG as well, gonna diluted some of it slightly with some vodka.And cut abit of my 18mg juice.

Ooh at least they've ordered their stock. I just had an idea! Get a 50ml dropper bottle from Milagro and those menthol crystals. Menthol crystals dissolve easily in alcohol. U can just dissolve the whole packet of menthol crystals in a little less than 50ml of vodka. Then you'll have your version of menthol drops that u can used when ever u wanna mint up ur e-liquid

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
Ooh at least they've ordered their stock. I just had an idea! Get a 50ml dropper bottle from Milagro and those menthol crystals. Menthol crystals dissolve easily in alcohol. U can just dissolve the whole packet of menthol crystals in a little less than 50ml of vodka. Then you'll have your version of menthol drops that u can used when ever u wanna mint up ur e-liquid

Thanks for the suggestion bro.Will keep this in mind once their menthol crystals is in, meanwhile probably nt going to do any mixing yet.Gonna add more cooling effect to the 12ml of HG 11mg Menthol and 30ml 18mg HaloCig Menthol Ice(Nt that menthol, lots of vapour, probably gonna cut down abit)..And also create the Menthol Redbull to that remaining 9ml of HG 6mg Redbull i have.

And also, the normal packing of Menthol Crys you got for them, in liquid form, hw many ml do u reckon them to be at?

I just got my Lorann flavorings. So all I need now is PG and VG. I see you guys have tested the VG already. I'm thinking of buying both PG and VG from milagro store.

Can try..But if u looking to grab the menthol crys as well, do everything together.

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
One of this day let's get together and share recipes. I'm thinking of getting a PG with nic so I can cut the mg the way I want to. Maybe get the Halo one. But it takes a long time to arrive here...sigh

I'll probably order the HaloCig Fusion juice next month.Then can mix with the menthol flavouring..The only turn off from ordering there is the USD$15.10 shipping..lol.

Oh ya, they have a 15% discount off juice now till 14th Feb..

I just got my Lorann flavorings. So all I need now is PG and VG. I see you guys have tested the VG already. I'm thinking of buying both PG and VG from milagro store.

The VG comes in that brown bottle as shown in the pic. Guess we can't verify the purity. It's more fluid than Glycerin BP from Guardian. The PG is $4 for 10ml which is pricey compared to the VG at 120ml for $8.

Thanks for the suggestion bro.Will keep this in mind once their menthol crystals is in, meanwhile probably nt going to do any mixing yet.Gonna add more cooling effect to the 12ml of HG 11mg Menthol and 30ml 18mg HaloCig Menthol Ice(Nt that menthol, lots of vapour, probably gonna cut down abit)..And also create the Menthol Redbull to that remaining 9ml of HG 6mg Redbull i have.

And also, the normal packing of Menthol Crys you got for them, in liquid form, hw many ml do u reckon them to be at?

I received around 10g. Which means if we follow the Menthol Drops % we can get around 20ml of menthol/vodka/alcohol solution. From that maybe 1 drop is enough to flavour 1ml of e-liquid. I didn't have any alcohol with me do i dissolved the crystal straight into the VG. I used very little, like 2cm of the crystals.

the crystal looks like this

natural_menthol_crystal.jpg

One of this day let's get together and share recipes. I'm thinking of getting a PG with nic so I can cut the mg the way I want to. Maybe get the Halo one. But it takes a long time to arrive here...sigh

I'm thinking of buying maybe 100ml of 46mg nicotine PG then just dilute using VG to whatever is appropriate. I've placed an order on the link below. Will review if i get it which should come at the end of next week.

http://www.ecig.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=20&cat=E-Liq+Materials (put a "-" between the e and the cig. this site blocks this website for some unknown reason.)

Last edited:

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
The VG comes in that brown bottle as shown in the pic. Guess we can't verify the purity. It's more fluid than Glycerin BP from Guardian. The PG is $4 for 10ml which is pricey compared to the VG at 120ml for $8.

I received around 50g. Which means if we follow the Menthol Drops % we can get around 70ml of menthol/vodka/alcohol solution. From that maybe 1 drop is enough to flavour 1ml of e-liquid. I didn't have any alcohol with me do i dissolved the crystal straight into the VG. I used very little, like 2cm of the crystals.

the crystal looks like this

natural_menthol_crystal.jpg

Great...I've a bottle of 1l Absolut Vodka @ home untouch..Maybe now is the time to open it to drink as well.Hopefully the menthol crys is in soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread