Diy ejuice help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFawkes

Jan 25, 2015
Hello all, my diy juice Flavorings are due to arrive tomorrow and I want to make a Strawberry, Blueberry and Sweet Cream using all TFA flavors

I also ordered the following and am willing to use them if anyone has a recipe.
White Chocolate (TFA)
Caramel Cappuccino (TFA)
Blackberry (TFA)
Raspberry (LA)

I was also looking for a ratio for combining the white chocolate and caramel cappuccino.

I'm a poor boy so I can only buy Flavorings at about 20 bucks at a time and would love some Flavor suggestions. I love fruit flavors (berries in particular if you couldn't tell) but detest apple.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Hello MrFawkes.
Go have a read here for some info
DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum

Best to do a test batch first , I do a 100 drop test where each drop = 1% of a liquid.
The other day I made a juice
Cheese cake 5% - peach 5% - graham cracker 3% - vanilla swirl 2%
So for the test I did cheese cake 5 drops - peach 5 drops - graham cracker 3 drops = vanilla swirl 2 drops.
make sure all the drops are the same size - I use the same gauge needle.

Some people do it by weight but I haven't done it that way.
You will also do the same with your Nic if you use it and pg and vg.
Then when you give your test batch a vape you can see how it is and make changes.
Some people keep doing test batches until they are satisfied , I usually have a vape of the test then decide if it needs any changes and go ahead and make a full batch.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Here are a couple of threads/blogs you may like to read through. Many of the posts in #2 include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.
1. Recommended Reading For People New to DYI
2. The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread
3. Bill's Magic Vapor's Blog

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

DIY Recipe Sites

* E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* EcigVape
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* Reddit Recipes - Read the Sidebar

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi @MrFawkes and welcome to the forum.

Some folks also make their test batches without nicotine first, just to see if the flavoring profile is what they want, then add nicotine to see how that affects the flavor.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Kudos for going the DIY route! I've been making my own for almost two years now and it's saved me a ton of money. I have my own methods which I've posted elsewhere here, but they might be a bit much for your budget. You are doing the right thing and your money will go a lot farther if you aren't buying what someone else is selling. You might even come up with something better than you can get from any of them. I did.

The great thing about DIY is that you can formulate your own juice to your own tastes and also to what you will be vaping it in and your build. Resistance does make a different in flavor. Trying juices at the B&M in their testers does not guarantee it will taste the same in what you are using.

Last edited:

MrFawkes

Jan 25, 2015
So I've been playing around with my flavorings and come up with two that I quite like.

Blueberry Cream...
15% Blueberry (TFA)
5% Sweet Cream (TFA)
7% White Chocolate (TFA)

It shake & vapes quite nicely, mixing the sweet cream and white chocolate is the only way I have found that I have to make a decent cream for fruits. The blueberry seems a bit weak but we'll see how steeping helps.

Razzleberry...
8% Raspberry (LA)
5% Blackberry (TFA)

I feel like this one is missing something, I'm thinking of mixing some of the cream and white chocolate or getting some pie crust, since I love razzleberry pie. I also think I want to try a different companies raspberry as the LorAnn’s tastes like a really poor raspberry jello.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for a good pie crust and/or raspberry that would be awesome.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Hello MrFawkes.
Go have a read here for some info
DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum

Best to do a test batch first , I do a 100 drop test where each drop = 1% of a liquid.
The other day I made a juice
Cheese cake 5% - peach 5% - graham cracker 3% - vanilla swirl 2%
So for the test I did cheese cake 5 drops - peach 5 drops - graham cracker 3 drops = vanilla swirl 2 drops.
make sure all the drops are the same size - I use the same gauge needle.

Some people do it by weight but I haven't done it that way.
You will also do the same with your Nic if you use it and pg and vg.
Then when you give your test batch a vape you can see how it is and make changes.
Some people keep doing test batches until they are satisfied , I usually have a vape of the test then decide if it needs any changes and go ahead and make a full batch.

how'd it turn out?

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Kudos for going the DIY route! I've been making my own for almost two years now and it's saved me a ton of money. I have my own methods which I've posted elsewhere here, but they might be a bit much for your budget. You are doing the right thing and your money will go a lot farther if you aren't buying what someone else is selling. You might even come up with something better than you can get from any of them. I did.

The great thing about DIY is that you can formulate your own juice to your own tastes and also to what you will be vaping it in and your build. Resistance does make a different in flavor. Trying juices at the B&M in their testers does not guarantee it will taste the same in what you are using.

Hi, you have posted a pic similar to this before right ?
You were the reason I took the plunge and ordered 6 litres of diy stuff, these new sub ohm tanks drink just like crazy and I just couldn't afford it, when I sat down and worked out the cost to make 100ml bottles I was totally stunned, I mean, I can vape all day everyday for months and months now without having to worry. It was a bit daunting for me at first but I found e juice me up calculator and have made some test bottles up already, they sit here steeping a bit now, just playing around with my dessert and custard flavours. The initial cost is well worth it so thank you so much :wub:

Is about 15% flavouring about average ?...... I use TPA

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hi, you have posted a pic similar to this before right ?
You were the reason I took the plunge and ordered 6 litres of diy stuff, these new sub ohm tanks drink just like crazy and I just couldn't afford it, when I sat down and worked out the cost to make 100ml bottles I was totally stunned, I mean, I can vape all day everyday for months and months now without having to worry. It was a bit daunting for me at first but I found e juice me up calculator and have made some test bottles up already, they sit here steeping a bit now, just playing around with my dessert and custard flavours. The initial cost is well worth it so thank you so much :wub:

Is about 15% flavouring about average ?...... I use TPA

Yes, I have posted a similar pic before. This approach to DIY has worked so very well for me I wanted to share it as much as I could.I have found that making my own juice on the 100ml scale instead of the 10ml scale is much more accurate and gives much more consistent results from my recipe, and I very much like the Erlenmeyer flasks. There is a certain economy of scale operative with juice making.

I keep a minimum of 300ml on hand, and usually 500ml, so it's steeping in rotation. As for percentage of flavoring I can't speak to that, being it's a matter of individual taste. My own juice is quite heavily flavored because I like it that way, but others may not. Proceed in accordance with your own taste buds.

I am so very glad you got into this and it's worked out so well for you :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread