DIY JUICE COMBINATIONS(fruits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use fruits based on their "family" e.g. berries together, apricot-peach-mango for example. Sometimes it's nice to add a bit of cream or custard family to give it flavor notes, citruses tend to play well together (I think, I don't use citrus much) and well, as far as base, most people use a mixture of PG and VG. You'll need nicotine in a base (unless you don't want much VG at all, I'd suggest getting the nicotine in PG as it's easier to handle that way, VG can be pretty "gloopy" but if you want to minimize your PG you can use nicotine in a VG base. Most folks mixing are using 100 mg/ml strength, which is NOT 100% nicotine, it is 100 mg/ml. So it's 10% nicotine. It's safe to handle although if you get some on you, wash it off.

Finally, you'll need a juice calculator to help you figure out what percentages to mix at. I flavor at around 8% but there are folks using more. Fruits can be naturally sweet, although sometimes a few drops of sweetener may be needed (I use sucralose, but there are other sweeteners.) You may or may not need them but they can be helpful to have. I'd start without sweetener and see how you like the mix after it steeps. Some fruits need less steeping than others, but as I have gotten used to DIY I steep most of my mixes for at least a month, I am just on a mixing "cycle."

Tons of good helpful information on the DIY forum as well, you may want to check it out. Lots of good vendors out there including Nicotine Giant, Nicotine River, Wizard Labs, and many others. Most DIY sites will have flavors available and there are also sites that really specialize in flavors like Flavor Shack, One Stop DIY, and etc.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy mixing and keep asking questions until you feel confident in the process. Some folks find "starter" kits helpful, I really didn't and use few tools in my mixing these days as I usually mix by weight. But you will need bottles for your mixes (can go with plastic, I use glass so I can reuse and recycle my bottles, etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Grape, apple, and pear are lovely together. Watermelon, strawberry, and kiwi make delicious mixes. Dragon fruit, mango, raspberry play very well together. Tangerine, orange, and pineapple are a particular favorite of mine. Melons, lime, and strawberry are yummy. Pear, apple, and dragon fruit is another go to for me. I could go on all day here. For me must have additives for fruits are:
INW cactus, provides pop and provides a wet note for drier juices. .5-1%
TFA dragon fruit, provides a pop and adds a bit of a tart note. 2% for mix, 5% for an upfront flavor.
FA kiwi, has a lovely tartness. 1-2% mix, 5-7% for upfront flavor.
TFA honeysuckle, excellent sweetener, light floral note. 3% mix, 5-6% with VBIC is so good.
FA custard, gives a good mouth feel and adds body. .5-2% depending on what you're going for.
Hangsen cream is my favorite cream, Cap sweet cream is also popular. TFA vanilla swirl is very useful as well.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with the above. In DIY, there are primary flavors and complimentary flavors. Some flavors are stronger than others, so they must be mixed accordingly.

There are some simple recipes in this thread Recipes for Dummies. You can also go to a DIY recipe website, and do a search for a particular flavor, such as strawberry or orange or pineapple.

Go to a DIY e-liquid recipe website (use Google), and learn how to use an online recipe calculator to learn how to make your nic base to the nic strength you desire.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
  • Winner
Reactions: Marc411

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Guys when it comes to vaping my preference is fruits going to stock some new concentrates and want some suggestions regarding which fruit go well together what i should use as a base and any tips and tricks in mixing different fruits?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Fruit is near universal when it comes to flavor pairing, goes good with just about all.
Might like to read:
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/e-liquid-flavour-pairing

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

MUE3N

Feb 20, 2018
Grape, apple, and pear are lovely together. Watermelon, strawberry, and kiwi make delicious mixes. Dragon fruit, mango, raspberry play very well together. Tangerine, orange, and pineapple are a particular favorite of mine. Melons, lime, and strawberry are yummy. Pear, apple, and dragon fruit is another go to for me. I could go on all day here. For me must have additives for fruits are:
INW cactus, provides pop and provides a wet note for drier juices. .5-1%
TFA dragon fruit, provides a pop and adds a bit of a tart note. 2% for mix, 5% for an upfront flavor.
FA kiwi, has a lovely tartness. 1-2% mix, 5-7% for upfront flavor.
TFA honeysuckle, excellent sweetener, light floral note. 3% mix, 5-6% with VBIC is so good.
FA custard, gives a good mouth feel and adds body. .5-2% depending on what you're going for.
Hangsen cream is my favorite cream, Cap sweet cream is also popular. TFA vanilla swirl is very useful as well.
:thumbs:exactly what i was looking for thank you so much!

MUE3N

Feb 20, 2018
i
I agree with the above. In DIY, there are primary flavors and complimentary flavors. Some flavors are stronger than others, so they must be mixed accordingly.

There are some simple recipes in this thread Recipes for Dummies. You can also go to a DIY recipe website, and do a search for a particular flavor, such as strawberry or orange or pineapple.

Go to a DIY e-liquid recipe website (use Google), and learn how to use an online recipe calculator to learn how to make your nic base to the nic strength you desire.
m familier with calculators just wanted some good combinations from people like you with mixing experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread