DIY Nutty Tobacco Flavors - opinions on taste and differences (MLB, DK Tobacco, 555)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
I'm DIY and wanting to dip into more tobacco flavors. At first the ashtray smell repulsed me after getting coffin nails out of my system, but now I'd like to try something more subtle and interesting in tobacco flavors. (But not too smooth - Flavor West's Honey Wood and Virginia Fire have almost zero tobacco taste IMO).

I want to buy some flavoring this week but can't decide between these by reading descriptions only. What do you think?

I like the MLB cartridges that are used with the Joye 510, and I'm wondering what 555 is like and DK Tobacco (is supposed to be comparable to 555). Can you describe the nutty flavors? How are they different?

Part of it is that I also want to try to replicate a RY4-variation that ecigexpress just put out called My4, which I am thinking uses MLB as the base tobacco flavor. For me, MLB gets to be a bit much after a while - I just get kinda sick of it. I'm wondering if the other two might still give that nutty flavor of some Ry4's but without overpowering the recipe.

Any recommendations? Which brands are your favorites? Also, if you know of other nutty tobacco flavors, I'd love to hear about them. Or, anything else you want to suggest as far as tobacco flavors go for DIY.

Thanks in advance!
Kuma

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
If u like ry4 u will probably like 555 although it is completely different and at the other end of the spectrum.

Just like ry4 there are many many variations from the original. I probably would never have ordered it if it wasn't originally given to me as a free sample.

I have had some that were almost like dry peanut butter, some were very sweet and tasted like some kind of desserty almond pecan toffee brittle.

I find the tobacco is usually not very prominent if that is what u r looking for. Almost every one sells it so I would recommend trying some from your favorite familiar vendor or just toss in a sample from wherever on your next purchase.

I noticed u tried flavorwest west flavorings. I've had 555 from vapor renu which is the same company and it was the basic 555 flavor if u like them.....but not a lot of tobacco flavor

I don't diy other than add a couple flavors like caramel or some vg here and there so I can't really help there

555 for me is an every once in awhile juice. Sometimes I just crave it and it really hit the spot but i don't vape it all the time

Last edited:

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
"I like the MLB cartridges that are used with the Joye 510,"

Can any one help me figure out what ejuice is in these MLB HIGH cartridges for the Joye 510? I bought them from ecigexpress.com but I don't think they are Marlboro flavor - at least not the kind that I've ever smoked in a cigarette. (The model name says USA Mix but I bought those too and they aren't the same).

I kinda doubt that if I just buy any random MLB that I will get this flavor again. I'm wondering if anyone else knows the answer??

I'd like to buy this flavor to DIY so if you can help me identify it or find it, I'd appreciate it very much! Thanks!

Keita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2010
California
Like someone said, all DKY, 555 and RY$ have different tastes depending upon the manufacture and personal taste buds.

I make my own from PA and I bought RY4 and DK tobacco. RY4 taste like.... somthing... haha to me it has a hint of watermelon but that may just be my taste bud. DK Tobacco is a bit maple like and a bit nutty. I actually mix DK with Coconut and to me that is a sweet spot.

I have tried tobacco flavor from many different venders and nothing is a real "tobacco" taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread