Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I am going to place an order soon at Bull City Vapors, and I am looking at making a Pina Colada juice. I have the option of the pre-made flavor from TFA, FW, Capella, or Inawera. Are any of these any good? If not, what is your favorite Pina Colada recipe? Thanks for any help.

I have not used the Pina Colada from Inawera- but their coconut is the BEST. I would vote their option over any others - but I am certain someone with direct use experience can give a better opinion. I would think about 1% Inawera and 1% FA Fresh Cream would be perfecto :D

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I have not used the Pina Colada from Inawera- but their coconut is the BEST. I would vote their option over any others - but I am certain someone with direct use experience can give a better opinion. I would think about 1% Inawera and 1% FA Fresh Cream would be perfecto :D

As far as coconut goes, I am really digging TFA Coconut Extra. Great flavor with a nice smooth creamy background. Then again, it is the only coconut flavor I have tried, so...

There is also the option of starting with a pre-made flavor and adjusting it to my personal preference.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
As far as coconut goes, I am really digging TFA Coconut Extra. Great flavor with a nice smooth creamy background. Then again, it is the only coconut flavor I have tried, so...

There is also the option of starting with a pre-made flavor and adjusting it to my personal preference.

You could try mixing your TFA Coconut Extra with Hangsen Pineapple. The Inawera Pineapple has no oomph.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
You could try mixing your TFA Coconut Extra with Hangsen Pineapple. The Inawera Pineapple has no oomph.

Good to know about Inawera's pineapple. I have heard good things about TFA Pineapple, so I will probably start with that. Also, I will be adding some type of rum flavor, so that should help with the "oomph" factor. I have also seen recipes that use citrus (lime) and koolada, which should also add a lot of dimension.

Still curious about the pre-made flavors, though...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
With some tweaking,i think the tfa pina colada could be pretty good.I actually never thought of that until now haha.By itself i dont think it really tastes like a pina colada at all,just a fruity taste,but with some additions it could turn out to be very good.I agree though,the coconut extra is good stuff,and the pineapple is also very good,but be warned it can be a bit strong so if you use it start low.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
With some tweaking,i think the tfa pina colada could be pretty good.I actually never thought of that until now haha.By itself i dont think it really tastes like a pina colada at all,just a fruity taste,but with some additions it could turn out to be very good.I agree though,the coconut extra is good stuff,and the pineapple is also very good,but be warned it can be a bit strong so if you use it start low.

I will check out TFA pineapple. Might pick up some Capella as well. I am guessing that pineapple will be a tank cracker flavor.

My last batch of this turned out to be GREAT. Needs to have the cherry dropped in half and the sweet and tart dropped by a smidge.

I know flavors are subjective but I was very happy with the Capella's Pina Coloda. Yum.

e-Liquid Calculator :: DIY Cthulhu Colada

YMMV, of course...

Good luck!

That recipe looks killer. Just need to add a few things to my cart. ;)

TFA PC @ 15% seems way strong to me but i don't like coconut ( or fruits). i have to keep it on hand for a couple of friends who will vape nothing else but that.... taste is definitely subjective. GL

Yeah, I usually start at 10% for TFA flavors.

Up until I started DIY, I stayed away from fruit and dessert flavors, but they are really starting to grow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread