smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Maybe double wrap a thick rubber band like the one you find on a bunch of broccoli at the store.

51XozhKjjtL._AC_.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Anyone made their own. $7.00 seems a bit much (looks cool though) for my Smok TFV16 LITE.

Your location isn't shown under your avatar. But, if you're in the US...go to any Dollar Tree store and check out the round, elastic hair rings or keepers, in bundles of 10-36 for just $1.00. (Think what girls would use to pull/keep their hair together to make a pony tail.) They have them in all kinds of colors, combinations of colors, and even in plain black. Use 1 on your tank if they're the really thick ones, or several if you get the really thin ones. Can't get any cheaper than them!

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Love the "broccoli" rubber bands... use them for everything!
    For my tanks, I cut the fingertips off cheapo cloth/rubber gloves (most of my tanks are not really big diameter) Good for simple knock-overs and also keep dirt/bugs out when outside. When I'm actually vaping I'm OCD and super careful! If I'm doing something like working on a car, I use my crappy little mod/tank anyway.
    P.S. Don't try to operate a vape, a phone and a beer at the same time (the only time I actually broke the glass)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I began using hair ties, as like for some reason I amassed a large quantity of vape stuff without amassing a huge quantity of vape bands. I am NOT paying 0.79 cents per BAND that is insane you can get a bunch on Amazon for way cheaper than that. I think bands are great for some tanks and I may give in and BUY some just to not have my tank collection look so tragic.

But for bubble tanks, like HAIR bands are the way because you can totally and completely wrap them all across each other in this spider web man way and it protects your WHOLE tank. I am not giving that up.

I did not want to mention ANOTHER use for hair ties but lets say you lose your valuable and irreparable magnets by dropping your mod from a large height? Well, hair ties can keep your mods nice and SNUG and whatnot (while you are waiting for their replacements or in my case potentially not even because lets face it why bother) ANYWAY hair ties are multi use vape products and I need more because now I have nothing to hold my hair back with.... I am gonna succumb to the bands purchase too though so when possible my mods don't look quite so, well, unfortunate.

Anna

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ive been debating saying anything because some people cant take dissent but I dont use vape bands at all. My tanks get really HOT now as it is. I dont need the insulation of a band to keep the heat in, I need heat to dissipate quickly. Now unless you have vape bands that can do that I am pretty much done.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    They're also just the right size for keeping your wire snug on the spool.
    OMG I am a fool! I've been pulling off more wire than I needed just so I can use the little hole in the spool to hold it in place. I have several of those rubber bands too. Thanks for that simple tip.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    OMG I am a fool! I've been pulling off more wire than I needed just so I can use the little hole in the spool to hold it in place. I have several of those rubber bands too. Thanks for that simple tip.
    You're welcome. I can't remember if I saw it here or thought of it on my own :lol:.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread