DNA30 or Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayne

Jun 13, 2012
Washington D.C.
I have been using the Provari for 3t years now. I have enjoyed it and found it to be very durable (although I just dropped it 1 too many times and have to get a new mod). That brings me to my question: should I get another Provari or the new protovapor DNA30d mod? I have heard that Provari's technology may now be outdated and should go with the DNA30. Any suggestions?

magman007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Would it be worth getting fixed? Not sure the cost as opposed to just buying a new one...

Yeah, what did you break? The price list has been posted multiple times, IIRC the most expensive thing is a board replacement at $65. Apparently if you really want for $45 they will do a body swap, so if you really want to polish the old girl up, you can effectively make her new again.

magman007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Also, to answer your question about the DNA devices, here is my stance on them. Note I have only had a toot or 2 off of a dna device. Outside of battery consistency and a nice flat DC curve all of these devices hit the same. Sure the DNA's limitations are higher, and they can go lower ohm, thats great, but for an average vaper on a 1.5 ohm coil, you're going to get the same performance out of a provari or a dna at the same settings.

THe DNA and the provari curves look about the same, the provari seems to be a bit more accurate (getting exactly what you are asking from the device) The DNA's seem to hit a bit higher than the power level they are set at but its not drastic.

The thing that really chaps my ... about DNA devices, is you're overpaying for the Tube/Box. Sure they're low production (the most popular ones anyways) and sure many of them are hand made, thats great! I appreciate good quality worksmanship, but anyone can buy a DNA 30 for like $50 and put it into your own project box or tube.

With china producing full mech mods for $20 retail, it ticks me off that these DNA 30 modders are charging the cost of a provari, on top of the dna 30 chipset for a box/tube.

Also, the DNA cannot regulate the battery power down. Not that this is a big problem.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Would it be worth getting fixed? Not sure the cost as opposed to just buying a new one...

Buy a new Provari as I am sure your is marked up with all the drops.... Then get a DNA30 as a second mod...

Which one would you rather accidentally get wet?

Neither..... :glug:

Last edited:

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Other than my reo (mech) the provari has been one of the best most solid devices I have ever used. Only thing that always bugged me was that I could not use anything under 1.3ohm. Not because I need it but I just started playing around with sub ohm which quite frankly isn't my cup of tea so far.

I am happy with a 1.2-1.5ohm at 3.7-4.2v.

Long story short, get another provari and a reo lol.

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
I have been using the Provari for 3t years now. I have enjoyed it and found it to be very durable (although I just dropped it 1 too many times and have to get a new mod). That brings me to my question: should I get another Provari or the new protovapor DNA30d mod? I have heard that Provari's technology may now be outdated and should go with the DNA30. Any suggestions?

Ask yourself this: How many times have I dropped the ProVari and it just kept on working? Will that DNA30 device be able to do the same? Will that DNA30 still be working in 3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread