The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DNA75 vs DNA75C Heat issues

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by jcoopercam, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I was planning on purchasing a new LV Therion DNA75C Squonker, but the issue of elevated heat is giving me second thoughts. I'm not a total neophyte when it comes to electrical theory. This excess heat must be the result increased amperage draw via the larger colored screen. I don't need the colored screen, though it would be cool to have. Instead of purchasing the new Therion squonker, I decided to purchase a few of the super-soft Therion bottles to use in my DNA75 Therion. If anyone has any experience with the DNA75C device, please let me know what you think of it, and if you are also experiencing heat buildup in the device.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Monotremata

Monotremata Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Covina, CA
    What would a 'normal' operating temperature be? According to the diagnostics on mine, after just taking a puff the board temperature is 89.2 degrees. I just got it on friday and have been pretty much chain vaping it constantly ever since. Haven't noticed any trouble yet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I don't know that there is a 'normal' operating temperature. Some reviews state that the DNA75C gets noticeably hotter than the DNA75. The heat buildup may be restricted to the Therion only, I don't know?

I have twin battery Therion DNA75C that I haven't opened. If it doesn't exhibit heat buildup, I'll assume it's due to the fact that it has 2 x 18650 batteries vs the single battery in the squonker version. I don't know how the Therion 'sees' voltage (parallel vs series), but twice the voltage = 1/2 amperage draw = less heat.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Evi|grin

Evi|grin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    I dont think it has anything to do with the screen. Can you put a 75C in stealth mode so the display stays black while vaping?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I don't know about stealth mode? From what I've read, the only difference outside of the additional buttons is the screen. Additional command options would not have an effect on amperage pull, so it may just be a cooling issue. My Triade DNA250 has some righteous venting next to where the board is positioned, so...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KGB7

KGB7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Single battery mod will heat up faster do to one battery heating up faster, as one battery has to take on all the wattage load.
    In two battery mod under same wattage draw, the load is distributed between two batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Evi|grin

Evi|grin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    DNA75 is a 6.2v max output board. DNA75C is a 9v max output. Both have similar amp limitations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. BobbyV

BobbyV Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Dallas Texas
    Been vaping my Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 75C for about 3 months and love it. Currently temps are 72 degrees ambient and 101 degrees board after vaping at 40W for about 30 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Temperature Control from VV/VW APV Discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.