Do I need a mock up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiquita

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
New Mexico
I have decided to go with a little chuck, and I found a pic I like. I tried to play in adobe PS but well I am a doofus with it.:oops:

Can I just upload the pic when I order or does it need a fancy mock up like so many of you have done?

Here is the pic if that would help with my question.
Also please chime in with the chuck color, I am leaning towards purple but thought red might go well with the pic too.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
You don't need a mockup, just tell Jeff whether or not you want it as a full wrap and what color endcaps you want.

Here's a quicky 2 minute mockup... Sorry about making your yin-yang egg shaped... I distorted it a little funky.

yinyang.jpg

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
You can get the end caps in any of the offered Chuck PAINT colors.

Plus there's stainless, brass and copper? If you look at the Thagbuilt site in the photos you'll see what's been done/available. If you want something not shown I'd ask Jeff about it as he does seem to be pretty good about filling people's wishes.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Thank You so much. So a full wrap would hide the chuck color?
I could just ask that a little color be exposed on either end.
Sorry for another newbie question but what color choices are there for the end caps?:oops:

You can ask that he do that. I know Jeff does his best to give you what you ask for... but sometimes he will just do what works. Sometimes he does what he thinks will look best.

Artists can be very fickle ;)

You won't be disappointed I'm sure.. and if by some misalignment of the stars he completely jacks one up, he is quick to fix it.

DellSteven.jpg

When I ordered my Nursey Chuck, I had asked for the graphic on the side in the mockup... it came with the graphic on the top... at first I was disappointed... Then after vaping for a while, I realized that the way I hold the chuck (left handed with the button on the side, I vape it like a cigar) it worked out perfect. If he had done what I asked then the graphic would be on the bottom.

Chucks are at one with the cosmos... or something.

Last edited:

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
The purpose of a mock up is if you're not sure the picture you chose will look good when wrapped around a Chuck.

When I got a mock up it looked exactly like I imagined so, if I ever decide to get a new Chuck I doubt I'll need a mock up (sorry Mike -- no pre-payments will be necessary.)

That's fine if you don't utilize my services, but that does NOT void your required pictorial submission!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread