Do they ever make Regulated Mods as nice as Mechanical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
Enough said... Built like mechanical works like mechanical

Attachments

• WP_20140723_003.jpg
    WP_20140723_003.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 59

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Which Mech's can accept a kick?

A Kick is supposed to be 15mm high (although this does seem to vary due to less than strict tolerances). The idea is that instead of putting an 18650 battery in your mechanical mod for example, you instead put in an 18500 battery and put the Kick on top of it. Most mechanical mods should accept a Kick, but there may be trouble with certain models if the tube prevents the Kick from going in (perhaps due to threading) or if the Kick's negative contact doesn't make good contact with the tube. You might want to inquire about specific mods and see if owners have had any problems.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
If you are into beauty then why not invest your money into some type of ART which IMHO MODs aren't ART. They are devices to hold a battery to supply electricity to a heating coil to vaporize a liquid.

99% of the time they are either in your hand or in your pocket or in some type of sleeve holding device. No one will ever sell a MOD, Mech or otherwise, at some auction for tons of money.

I find this post fairly laughable.

Have you seen the prices of the first version of the Caravela at an auction? I've seen them go for $1000+. It's what the market will bear on rarer items.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hard to find and not cheap, but breathtakingly beautiful is the ZNA by Zen. It has a sleek Bauhaus look to it, and a 30 watt chip. Also, it's $300 so I'll never own one.

I guess beauty's in the eye of the beholder. I went out and looked and expected to see something really amazing for $300. It's OK looking, but wouldn't set my pulse higher. I would buy it if it's performance was demonstrably better than my Provari.

While appearance has some influence, it's the performance of a system that makes me part with my money.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
So. Basically. Nobody has said anything about the dragon provari. Which is laser etched And an amazing device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Dragon is great looking. BUT.......I wouldn't buy one when my Satin Silver Provari vapes exactly the same for much less money.

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
I think the Dragon is great looking. BUT.......I wouldn't buy one when my Satin Silver Provari vapes exactly the same for much less money.

Right on. I can understand that. I switched from ego batteries straight to Provari. And seeing how my Chinese sign is the year of the dragon. I really wanted one. I am very happy in my purchase. And it vapes great. Me specially with the new BVC coils on a regular nautilus. I work construction. So pretty much have a hassle free. Tasty vape all day from my current set up And I was ok with spending the extra cash. Seeing how I did not find myself wasting money on mods collecting dust. Just my take on it. And everyone is different. And has different needs. Is why there are so many options out there. The Reo seems appealing as well.

Not so much about the look as is the vape quality is what's important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
There is one from Italy that is nearly perfect (IMO). The Sunbox E7 by Del Sole. It's like a Reosmod except it's finished nicer and has a DNA30 onboard now. Options for aluminum or wood for panels and sides, uses any 510 connection bottom-feeder, and can sub-ohm to 0.5. The price is steep (around $350ish) and they are hard to come by, but they are a serious product that was designed with performance and aesthetics in mind.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Not sure if they're still in stock, but go over to vapervenue and check out the Lernaia Hydra and Zorbas. Normally a $300 set up, but being sold at 150. It's a mechanical mod with an attachment to turn any mech mod into a 22 watt, regulated device. No screen, and you have to count a blinking light to know what you have it set to, but the switch is a dream and it's a looker. Plus, the Zorbas will not only work hybrid with the Hydra, it'll work with the 510 connection on ANY mech. Even mechs that won't take a kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread