Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
apparently it's very expensive! they want $60 per pay per view fight and $10 a month for preliminary fights on the official ufc app. I would consider $10 a month for preliminary fights and maybe an extra $10 for big fights but the way it stands now is ridiculous. apparently it's over $700 a year to catch every ufc fight.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
apparently it's very expensive! they want $60 per pay per view fight and $10 a month for preliminary fights on the official ufc app. I would consider $10 a month for preliminary fights and maybe an extra $10 for big fights but the way it stands now is ridiculous. apparently it's over $700 a year to catch every ufc fight.
That’s the way sports channels are. Bars buy them to draw in customers so they’re worth that kind of money. If you’re willing to watch them LATER though they’re generally available for free on YouTube.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Check out Fight Pass for a lot of the preliminary cards plus a mega library of past bouts. The UFC Fight Night cards are currently on the Fox Sports family of channels but will soon switch over to ESPN. They seem to have two or three of those per month most of the time.

Usually, when they have a PPV event, it is delivered in three stages. The early prelims will be seen only on Fight Pass, the main event prelims are shown on network TV, usually FS1 at this time (ESPN in the future), and the main card is PPV only. That usually includes three or four fights, including the actual main event. Hope that's not too confusing.

ETA: The next big fight is Nov. 3. Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis for the heavyweight title. I'm sure there will be several early fights on FS1 and fight pass that night.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Met my wife at a UFC PPV showing. She worked with my friend's wife. We weren't supposed to meet, because my friend's wife had the opinion that I was "dirty" (recently separated) and would break her heart. Well, nya-nya, Kim! We've been happily married for 6 years and watch as much MMA as is on TV. PPV is out of the question unless we go catch it at a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread