Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So Much (to Me) depends on How the e-liquid is stored. And in what Type of Container it is stored in.

For Flavored e-liquids stored at Room Temperature in a "Plastic" Bottle, after about 9 Months or a Year I would just throw them out.

BTW - How Long did you have those e-liquids before that 11/28/19 Best Use Date?

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
So Much (to Me) depends on How the e-Liquid is stored. And in what Type of Container it is stored in. For Flavored e-Liquids stored at Room Temperature in a "Plastic" Bottle, after about 9 Months or a Year I would just throw them out. BTW - How Long did you have those e-Liquids before that 11/28/19 Best Use Date?
Thanks. Purchased them in 9/2018. They've been stored at room temp away from light, and in plastic bottles.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They are probably too old, yea, with that said, if you want to store eliquid and have it last longer, well, you probably can. When I lived in AZ I stored my flavors in the fridge, not that I am certain I needed to and they have been fine. Nic/PG/VG etc all seem to do better either refrigerated or frozen. but really, that's a bit old unless they were cold.

You MAY occasionally see precipitate I would think (the only flavor that actually happened to me to with cold and warming was TFA super sweet which is mostly sucralose. But it was still perfectly fine to use and I just shook it and it was fine.

I can't say NOT to or TO I am the type of person who KNOWS the FDA put "use by dates' on some stuff, like canned goods, WAY earlier than necessary so people will throw them out. I am always getting mad at the husband buying in bulk then tossing stuff.

You can take this too far, my mom like stored all her eggs in the fridge in one of those special fridge "egg things" I cracked on open once and the yolk was GREEN. It wasn't inspiring.

Anna

Reactions: Chajo

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Personally, I don't have a problem if the juice looks and tastes good. I've bought expired juice on clearance at the vape shop plenty of times. You might experience a slight decrease in nic potency. Heck, I still use mustard that's way past best by. Best by is not the same as expired.

As I make my own juices, I will still use ingredients over 2 years old.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm vaping some stuff back from 2013, and it's fine. Conversely, I've thrown stuff out that was relatively young.

My guess is that the nic may have degraded a slight amount, but nothing discernible from what I can tell. I store my juice in a freezer until I'm ready to vape it, and this old batch came out around six months ago.

MY motto is, "Sniff it, taste it, and either vape it or toss it."

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I have had old juices that were fine... others that went bad (but actually still vapable... don't think it's a problem healthwise) My issue was the room I keep them in gets very hot in the summer. When you say "room temp" do you mean 70 deg F? My room would get up to 90 deg F on hot days (105 outside) That's when I had issues with old juices.

Reactions: Chajo

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    At room temperature (defined by me as 65F-70F) I find liquids can last a good 9-12 months. However in a plastic bottle I can tell you 1 year is absolute max. After that chemicals leech into the juice and they make you sick, but no visual indication from the juice. I found this out the hard way. Very nauseating.

Now if you were to freeze or refrigerate you may get longer life. However, if you are buying in bulk I would suggest transferring to glass ASAP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread