Does manual switch give you more nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
As I have only been e-smoking with my manual switch kissbox for about a week now I thought I would ask the more experienced users if they think that the manual switch delivers more nicotine?

I have been vaping only for the last 6 days no real cigs. Have been using Janty carts and juice all high 16mg strength, before this I was using both real cigs and 18mg juice/carts but with generics with no switch.

Last night I put in an Oriental high cart and by the end of the evening and this morning it was like vaping knives. I have changed down to a medium RY4 cart now and everything is fine again. I have also been feeling a little lightheaded after using the manual switch a bit like the feeling you get after smoking a real cig after a long break :confused:

Am I doing something wrong with the switch, or do you think that the Janty juice is actually stronger or that using the manual switch does give you more nicotine, it seems strange that is labelled as being lower but seems to be more potent ?

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
it depends how one uses it.. does a manual box on your car give u more power than an auto.. ???

i have a habit of pressing mine for ten seconds.. and taking three draws all in one go.. without doubt this will produce more vapour then any auto switch..

but let go of the switch halfway thru a draw and it will produce less.. its all down to how the users presses the switch and for how long..

in short the user has control and not the automatics.. less or more is down to the user..

trog

Grenage

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
I got my kissbox classic a couple of weeks ago and know what you mean. I find that the auto switch seems to initially kick in, but then fades away pretty quickly. I counter this by taking a couple of shorter drags instead of one long one, and I get plenty of vapour that way. I also find that I get a much bigger throat hit if I inhale while the indicator led is on, rather than holding it my mouth for a moment as I do with normal cigs.

The manual produces the same vapour as the auto, you're just using your cheeks instead of your finger. Trog pretty much nails it, it's all down to the user and their technique.

With my first Janty atomizer I used the manual switch only, but then that was (as I later found out) because my atomizer was a wimp, and I needed to give it a good kick in the pants to get anything out of it.

I've since gotten a bunch of new Janty atomizers, and the auto switch works incredibly well with a properly functioning atomizer.

I actually prefer it now to the manual because a) I don't have to do anything other than smoke the thing, and b) I'm less likely to burn the atomizer out (by holding the switch down for 10 seconds!!!) . . .

My 2c :)

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
No wonder you go through atomizers so fast.

it a new habit.. its not something i was able to do in the past.. he he..

but when the user gets the control its a possibility.. the more work the atomizer is ask to do the shorter its life.. producing vapour is my priority.. not making atomizers live a bit longer.. u cant have it both ways..

i dont use a janty by the way.. but i do have a manual switch.. my atomizer tends to get lit for longer than with an auto switch..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread