Does this sound right- first DIY ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd92371

Apr 6, 2015
Hello,
I'm a newbie and it would only allow me to post here.
I have made my first ejuice recipe and it tastes very very bland. I wanted your opinion.
It's a very basic recipe comprised of 30 drops of Capella's Vanilla Custard, 8ml of VG and .5 ml of distilled water. I am trying to stay away from PG. It seems to not react with me very well.
I have not aged this at all and will that affect the flavor? Or, do you think my proportions look off?

Thanks so much,
todd

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
What he said about more flavor.

And yes it will develop as it sits

I have some that taste like nothing when I mix it, week later kickin Carmel candy..

Just a side note cream's can become overwhelming once they develop never used that brand but the Bavarian I use takes very little but needs time to develop.

You can heat up some water in the micro. Then set the bottle in it and once warm shake the crap out of it. Do it a couple times if needed.

That speeds up the blending

Using all-VG, you probably need to up the amount of flavoring. Try adding a little more and see if the flavor starts to come out. You can also try vaping at a higher power level and see if the taste improves.

And, Welcome to ECF!

This would be my Suggestion too - pure VG Needs more flavour, because PG is the main carrier of taste. I also can say, that some of my Juices get much better in taste while sitting for a few days, but they do not get more intense.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I DIY using 100% vg and vg based nic, and I have never had to add more flavoring, nor do I add water.

The percentage of flavors just like everything else in vaping comes down to your personal taste. If once you try it you feel it needs more flavor add it, if you feel it needs less, make note of that for later on. Never assume because of the base it HAS to have more or less of something, as your tastes may disagree.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You already have your answer (isn't it wonderful?) but I just wanted to
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
you to ecf todd92371 . Easy to see why this really is a great place to be. Good luck with your mixing. Here are a couple of places you may already know about but I posted them anyway in case someone else reading wanted to check them out.

Clone Recipes | Homemade E-juice Recipes
JC_link.gif

EcigExpress Archive Cookbook | Your favorite e-liquid recipes
JC_link.gif

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aplYObS-cJ_nGG-uzJnkblil0FRUfrf7EvEZXn4xz-0/edit#gid=0
JC_link.gif

E-Liquid Recipes made by Users at EcigVape.com
JC_link.gif

Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_link.gif

Good luck with your mixing and have fun and just make yourself at home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread