Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Question for the outdoorsy types here on ECF: Have you found that vapor attracts insects, i.e. mosquitoes, flies, bees, etc.?

Going through my mental check list for packing for an upcoming fishing trip and the sweet smell of my Boba's Bounty vapor got me to thinking about this. Am I better off with my DIY bacco juice? Will sweet juices like Boba's, vanilla custards, strawberry and cream make fighting off the mosquitoes and biting flies even worse?

If you have observed first hand would love to know, thanks!

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
I believe this lady had just been vaping a dessert flavor..... image.jpg

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
I was hoping it would repel them ... :(

Was out front with some neighbors the other night. Bugs started showing up for the party. I used to be able to blow smoke around my head and they would go bother someone else. Didn't work with vape! I was vaping a berry mix that was kind of sweet; I think it actually attracted them!

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I did notice a great number of mosquitos coming into my place during hot rainy days, but it could be because the AC heat attracted them and also my window was not insulated properly. I'll try Citronella DEET as a first DYI experiment. I bet the throat hit would be unbelievable!

Sent from somewhere in a tunnel, 42 minutes away from anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread