Does vaping make you hungry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
I don't know if it's related, but let me explain my situation.

I've been in vacations for a few days, and used a not-so-cloudy setup (I didn't wanna risk damaging my primary vape when away at the sea, and an rta with less clouds also draws less attention).
Now that I'm back at work, with my much-more-cloudy setup (Drop rda, with tri-core fused claptons, at roughly 90W), I feel like I'm much more hungry. I vape sweet flavor (strawberries with a touch of menthol), and I think it may trick my mind into wanting to eat sweet things...

Let me know if you already experienced something similar, or in the contrary, find it doesn't change anything. It may be worth saying what kind of vaper you are (cloud chaser, MTL with thin vape, or somewhere in between), and if you vape tasty/sweet juices or not, as I think it could play a big role in this.

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
My vape style is all over the map. Mtl, dl... I tend to lean towards candy/fruit flavors in the summer, bakery in the fall and winter. But does it make me hungry? Nope. No more than usual.

I think it might be the difference between being preoccupied with your trip vs being in familiar surroundings. I am not constantly looking for a snack when I’m out and busy.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
If anything, maybe the opposite. The only thing I do is have a drink to hand in case I chain vape. I'm normally on low power MTL with unflavoured liquid - I still think of it as a smoking replacement. I didn't, eh, change shape when I started vaping, so it's obviously an effective dupe. And yes to the preoccupation thing (above).

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
If anything, maybe the opposite. The only thing I do is have a drink to hand in case I chain vape. I'm normally on low power MTL with unflavoured liquid - I still think of it as a smoking replacement. I didn't, eh, change shape when I started vaping, so it's obviously an effective dupe. And yes to the preoccupation thing (above).

I didn't experience any weight change either, without changing my sports habits (I don't do sports :lol:). I didn't really notice the hunger before, but I started vaping with a somewhat cloudy sub-tank, so the first days I was mostly struggling back and forth with cravings and nic-sick.

I don't think I've spent 3 days without vaping on my RDAs since I got them, hence my surprise with the hunger this time around.
But yeah, the preoccupation looks like the most probable explanation, plus I was always out in the sun, and it's a really hot weather in France these days, AND my gf was having a low moment so I was really focus on making sure she was enjoying all she could during this time off, so all in all, it probably doesn't have anything to do with the vape amount. Which is cool, as I plan to get even cloudier setups in the near future, I wouldn't want it to get me starving all the time...

Thanks for your insights & feedbacks guys!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I am no cloud chaser, as I more focus on the flavor side of things. But the vapor I exhale is by no means thin.

I found that when I vape it makes it so I do not want to snack as much. When I was a smoker, I would eat snacks every day. Now that I started vaping (I vape candy and bakery flavors almost exclusively) I only snack once or twice a week anymore.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
In principle tasty flavoured vapes should stimulate your appetite, but I have not found that to be the case for myself.

You’re right, but I’m a junk food junkie by nature to begin with, so it doesn’t really affect me. In fact, I find I want to make juice that tastes like my favorite snacks lol. I had some homemade peanut butter pie a couple months ago and quickly worked up a juice recipe for that.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I totally think this question is individual to everyone. I don't find increased appetite while vaping although food tastes better and I'm more likely to consume some at times. I had to really work at gaining weight, but I also think you are asking the wrong question, which may be "Does one form of vaping make me hungrier than another?"

You'd have to do a bit of narrow down what you did on vacation.. For example maybe you got more exercise which tends to be an appetite SUPRESSANT at first etc. Maybe you were puffing so hard at that MTL vape because it was less satisfying, and that led to less food cravings? Maybe less VG (and I'd have to say even inhaled, if it was a significant enough switch) doesn't trigger your body into hunger like inhaling 17 ml of the stuff during the course of the day might? (I think that last one is highly speculative).

But I think YOU should examine all these questions and see. Maybe you were at a higher nic level with a MTL vape, and/or processing it differently and it suppressed hunger.

There are simply too many variables so if you prefer one state over the other well, do some personal experimenting and see what happens?

Anna

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Let me know if you already experienced something similar, or in the contrary, find it doesn't change anything. It may be worth saying what kind of vaper you are (cloud chaser, MTL with thin vape, or somewhere in between), and if you vape tasty/sweet juices or not, as I think it could play a big role in this.

It has no effect on me. I've vaped up to 75 watts and down to 10 and I generally use tastier and sometimes sweeter juices.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Opposite here too, I am new to vaping (2 months) and I already lost couple pounds but I believe is more because of all the water I being drinking when I vape.
Both VG and PG tend to dehydrate the vaper and nicotine is a diuretic.
An excellent palliative is to drink coconut water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread