Doom X wicking discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimePit_Poacher

Apr 13, 2021
I played with this for a while before i was able to get it wicking correctly. The tutorials and YT videos did not help me at all. This is what worked for me and may help other people. I lost patience several times and went to sleep giving up.

I use vandy vape SS316L mesh, which is very good mesh imo but also has a learning curve because it's so flimsy. It makes it difficult to pull cotton through without bending a hotspot in the mesh. -- pulse at 13 watts to check for hotspots, this also helps it hold its shape, it feels harder after being heated a little

The trick i found is leaving the cotton completely absent up to the ceramic spring block thing. Also cut the cotton so it bulges and completely touches the sides of the mesh, if not it will dry hit. Trim it thin enough so it will fit back in the tank though. If it doesn't wick, unscrew the top cap, if it starts to bubble it's airlocked. Trim closer to the ceramic block because of the way the juice flow works it needs to be able to flow under the spring part.

20210502_100821.jpg
20210502_100658.jpg
20210427_171325.jpg
20210427_212436.jpg
20210427_203849.jpg
20210501_232803.jpg

Last edited:

SlimePit_Poacher

Apr 13, 2021
This is correct, a small drip or two will come out of the air hole the first time you fill it up, if you fill it to the top. It will not flood the tank, in the manner that the coil is so wet its spitting and gurgling. The functionality will be perfect and after a hit or two, no juice will come out of the bottom. My method is guaranteed and other methods did not work for me using SS which heats faster than kanthal.

If you are particular, and don't want even a drop coming out of the airholes on fillup (8ml bubble). I would suggest leaving a very thin layer at the bottom. Let this best be an example of how to get your tank up and running and not necessarily a perfect method. I personally don't mind a little leak on fill up(i also DIY my liquid, read:cheap), it will never leak after filling and the flavor is amazing.

I really hope these few pictures help as anyone can wick it for 5-10 hits on camera, but it won't last. This was devised through daily use and the function and flavor is to me worth sharing. If you can improve from this, great. To me, nothing would wick at 70 watt chain vaping ss at 470F, except this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread