Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dovpo Samdwich RDA 1.JPG

Hi, today let's take a look at Dovpo Samdwich rda. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Dovpo Samdwich rda; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• Diameter 22mm
    • Drip / squonk feeding method
    • Structure in stainless steel
    • Single coil configuration
    • PEEK insulation
    • 4-level upper airflow adjustment system
    • Drip Tip 510 in Delrin
    • 510 thread
    • Easy to use for beginners

Dovpo-Samdwich-RDA-2.jpg

► Dovpo Samdwich RDA; Packaging:
    The gray packaging, on the front has a translucent panel on which they are marked; Acrossvape "across the mountain" logo and product name (Samdwich). On the back there are: The Acrossvape logo "across the mountain", the color indication of this sample (Silver), scratch & Scan, logos and legal marks. Also you can read the address of Shenzhen Dovpo Technology. LTD. Above the remaining sides appear the logo with the Acrossvape mountain and 2 icons of famous social media.

Dovpo-Samdwich-RDA-3.jpg

Dovpo-Samdwich-RDA-4.jpg

► Dovpo Samdwich RDA; Packing List:
    Dovpo Samdwich RDA
    1 Clapton Coil # 3, 0.35Ω (A1 26Ga x2 + Ni80 40Ga, 2.5mm)
    1 Coil Kanthal A1 24Ga 6Coil 2.5mm
    Bag of Accessories
    User Manual

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 5.jpg

► Dovpo Samdwich RDA; Specifications:
    • Measurements: 22x 31.9mm (including drip tip)
    • Material: SS
    • 4-level airflow adjustment
    • Top AFC Top air intake or side air intake
    • Single Coil Deck
    • Kanthal A1 24Ga 6Coil 2.5mm single coil
    • German PEEK insulation
    • Can be used in Drip or Squonk mode

Dovpo-Samdwich-RDA-6.jpg

► Dovpo Samdwich RDA; First Impressions:
    It had been a while since I had handled a small 22mm diameter RDA vaporizer, and this time Dovpo surprised me, I was used to receiving large and powerful RDAs or RTAs from the successful "Blotto" series from them. The Samdwich version I received is SS color, this RDA immediately intrigued me that I couldn't see the AFC system which is hidden by a beautifully CNC machined swivel top cap. Samdwich immediately looks quite different and interesting than the other RDAs I know. The type of construction with thick steel walls makes Samdwich really solid and with a heavy weight that makes me think of it as a good quality product. Different cylinders and top caps in transparent material are also available and can be purchased separately to customize Samdwich to your liking.

Dovpo-Samdwich-RDA-7.jpg

Before completely disassembling the Samdwich to start studying it, I was interested in knowing if this RDA was equipped with the perforated pin for the squonk; Affirmative answer! The hollow pin is present, and this makes me breathe a good sigh of relief. I couldn't wait to bring out my dear old 2017 Pico BF to pair it with the Samdwich RDA. This improvised kit (Pico + Samdwich) is immediately pleasing to the eye and very compact, just what I expected and I was looking for.

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 8.jpg

Dovpo-Samdwich-RDA-9.jpg

Before using the Samdwich RDA I disassembled it completely to clean it from any processing residues such as oil or metal shavings, which were not present among other things. This tank is essentially composed of 3 macro elements; the deck, the outer sleeve and the top cap. As we have seen the pin can be for dripping or drilled for squonk, the pin is insulated with peek. The Drip-tip 510 in delrin is replaceable, it fits perfectly but is quite short, I will replace it with an equivalent but longer one.

Dovpo-Samdwich-RDA-10.jpg

Externally Samdwich RDA shows a top cap design with different grooves, in correspondence of these grooves there are different symbols that reproduce the air passage that you will select by turning the top cap. Unfortunately, the reference for airflow adjustment is not very visible on the polished steel, and if you have poor eyesight you will have to proceed by trial and error. However, without looking at the reference marks it is not difficult to find the position of the AFC you prefer. The word "Samdwich" is vertical but it too is not very visible, I bet that in the Gunmetal color version both the writing and the reference marks for the AFC adjustment will be much more marked and clear. At the bottom, the external sleeve has two notches to accommodate two protrusions on the Deck, this system blocks the rotation of the deck to allow you to easily screw / unscrew the Samdwich when you install it on the Mods.

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 11.jpg

To show you how the AFC system is made, I pulled the top cap out of the sleeve and took some photos both inside and outside. Then you can see different combinations of holes and slots which can be selected to get different air flows; from more or less restricted RDL up to DL. I really like this adjustment system, I just wish the reference marks were more visible to me and without putting on the glasses to see them.

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 12.jpg

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 13.JPG

When you are ready to set up the Deck, you will need to take a flat screwdriver and a cotton flap, both of which are not present in this kit. Then you will have to choose whether to roll a coil with your favorite thread, or decide whether to use one of the two supplied coils.

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 14.jpg

In the following images you can see the coil installation process. In this small RDA the space to work is not much, however the arrangement of the screws simplifies the operations of inserting the coil, the shoulders adjacent to the uprights keep the wire in position, therefore after having tightened the screws it is easy to cut the legs of the coil. I made sure that all the coils of my coil (diameter 3mm) are activated simultaneously, so I inserted the cotton taking care not to occlude the hole for the squonk that is in the center of the tank. After soaking the cotton I immediately started using Samdwich RDA on my Pico BF.

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 15.jpg

► Dovpo Samdwich RDA; Vaping test & final conclusions:
    After analyzing Samdwich RDA I was very undecided on which type of coil to install or whether to make a new one, I knew that a small diameter coil for MTL would not be suitable with any of the four different airflow settings, as none of these settings are suitable for a fairly narrow stream, but also the choice of a coil with too low an impedance for high powers, would not have been suitable, mainly because it could overheat the metal and because the 510 drip-tip is certainly more suitable for vape RDL style. The choice of Clapton Coil # 3, 0.35Ω (A1 26Ga x2 + Ni80 40Ga, 2.5mm) turned out to be perfect because with powers in the order of 30W it has an nice RDL operation and all 4 flux adjustment options agree a lot fine with this coil. I get a very good throat hit by selecting the tightest airflow setting, and going through the other settings I get clouds that become abundant, but the flavor also takes on texture. With this configuration Samdwich does not overheat and also maintains a muffled noise and free from annoying whistles. The advantage of this top air regulation is that you will not e-liquid leak even if you insist with the squonk. I noticed that among the optional top caps there are different solutions with side airflow openings that would be interesting to try. However I must say that the original Samdwich configuration (with classic steel sleeve) I like and locks the rotation well allowing you to easily screw / unscrew Samdwich on the Mod. I was absolutely satisfied with Samdwich RDA 22mm because I found the pleasure of using my old Pico BF and in my favorite Vaping RDL mode! So if you are looking for a great single-coil RDA that is capable of producing good flavor and nice clouds, Samdwitch RDA is a good choice.

I would like to thank Dovpo for providing me with this sample. I hope this review was helpful for anyone looking to purchase Dovpo Samdwich RDA.

Thanks for reading.

Dovpo Samdwich RDA 16.jpg

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Great review! I really love this little rda. I'm still running it with the squonk pin on my Therion BF. I agree about needing to use a longer drip tip. I ended up putting in a 3mm Ni80 coil at .35 ohms after trying a 2.5mm coil. I thought there was a marked improvement in flavor with the .3 coil.

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread