Drag nano not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafnium Acidium

Jul 29, 2018
I have a drag nano, but recently i think litle amount of water got in it but, it started working again then the next day the same happened without water getting into it, but started working again. But now it stopped working again for the third time and does not work. I started to hate this thing that's happening. I will reply to this thread if it will start to work.

Reactions: vesseli

DARRYL BOWEN

Sep 16, 2019
humble
I purchased a drag nano last night 8/15/2019, went home filled it and charged it just to make sure I had plenty of battery for the next day and to let the fluid do its job on the pod so no dry hits. and all I get is the green light coming on for a split second and I get nothing. like wtf. also it was the last on that the shop had. love the size of it since its small like my orion Q and also fits in my Q lanyard.

faygeleh

Jul 1, 2018
i hope the vape shop fixed it up for you, voopoos website says their devices have a 90 day warranty but i've never dealt with them.

cleaning the connections with rubbing alcohol and letting it dry can sometimes resuscitate a battery.when you refill your pod make sure liquid and condensation isn't leaking down the center. unfortunately all auto switches die eventually :(.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I will be stopping by the vape shop on the way home today to see if they can get me a replacement asap. I love the size and fact I do not need a push button. only thing is I bought the last one they had in stock. so hopefully they can get me a replacement from another one of their shops by tomorrow.
Need is not the issue. Pushbuttons are orders of magnitude more reliable. An autoswitch is really only useful anyway if the device can be held in the lips alone hands free. If the device has to be held in a hand when used there’s no reason not to have a button on it. They work better.

Autoswitches were the first type of vape to come out and then they disappeared completely because their reliability was so very bad. They came back because some people had figured out what the reliability problem was and fixed it. The problem was not everyone actually did. They are making stuff now with the same autoswitch reliability issues as the old devices. There are many new vapes out there that should NOT have autoswitches.
“Hey! They’re making autoswitch devices and they’re selling! We should make one too!” Is stupid. It’s happening though. They’re doing it because they figured out HOW to do it. Not everyone seems to have.

The answer is actually simple: an autoswitch is a vacuum sensor. When the switch recognizes a drop in air pressure (because you inhale) it turns on. The switches are covered in plastic and are listed as waterproof.
The problem is engineers.
They look at the listing that says “waterproof” and they think “oh. That means it will work under water! It doesn’t matter if the thing gets wet and that’s handy because there’s vape juice everywhere in these things!”

They’re wrong.

The switch ITSELF is waterproof that is true, but the way it works is that it sits in a little chamber in order to sense the air pressure change. If the switch gets drops of juice on it or even in the chamber it no longer works correctly. The SWITCH is waterproof but the chamber is very water sensitive.

The solution is to create a chamber that juice cannot get into, or at the very very least can be cleaned. This later one at least allows you to get one working again after it stops.

If the device does not do one of these two things it’s junk. It will work until the chamber is fouled and then die unrepairably. Generally this happens in as little as a few weeks.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
UPDATE:::

Problem ended up being the original in box pod. got a new pod and works. just not happy with the hit. using 50mg salt nic and it hits like a ego with 3 nic.
That means it was an electrical connection issue or a broken coil issue. Might try cleaning the contacts and see if it maybe gets better. If it doesn’t the pod you now are using might have plastic flashing in the air inlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread