Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello fellow vapers,

Two new Voopoo pod-mods released at once, the Drag X and Drag S, basically these two devices have a new similar to each other chipset, take the same pods, coils and the functions and menu are almost the same. Thank you @voopoo_official for sending me these two devices for the purpose of this review.

The main difference is that the Drag X is an 18650 replaceable battery device and the Drag S a built-in 2500mAh device, the X fire up to 80 watts while the S up to 60W, and auto-draw is only available on the S. This is also the reason I decided to write one review for both devices as they do not differ much on other specs. The brownish leather is the X and the black leather is the S.

Both pods are mainly aimed at DTL looking at the provided coils and drip-tip. But this device is compatible with all pnp-coils from Voopoo.

The user manual in both kits is also the same.

As I am only limited to 20 pictures per post, please refer to the voopoo website for the specs;

DRAG X Mod Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

DRAG S Mod Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Packaging wise they only differ in device wise and the X has a lower resistance coil that does not come with the S.

Drag S:

DRAG S Device*1
DRAG S Replacement Pod (4.5ml*1)
PnP-VM1,0.3Ω*1
PnP-VM5,0.2Ω*1
Type-C Cable*1
User Manual*1
Warranty Card*1
Chip Card*1

Drag X:

DRAG X Replacement Pod (4.5ml*1)
PnP-VM1,0.3Ω*1
PnP-VM6,0.15Ω*1
Type-C Cable*1
User Manual*1
Warranty Card*1
Chip Card*1

From the beginning I have to say, these devices look just outstanding. They have an aegis like leather cover around the device which just makes it look on the premium side. Especially love the S in this case with its ‘Mashup’ color. The X also looks good with its ‘Retro’ color, but I’m fonder of darker devices. Of course, it’s a DRAG and as we know DRAGs must have the written on there with BIG letters, its OK for me, but I know some people might not like it.

The Zinc Alloy and leather just provide the kind of finish I like on a device, not too light, not too heavy lays great in the hand and looks beautiful.

Both lay very nicely in the hand; the X is longer but also slightly thinner making it feel almost like a pen-style (a fat one) device.

The screen is large and bright, very similar to the Vinci series, it also looks similar. One additional thing on the Drag X/S is the ‘Original SCORE ranking mode’ which I am not sure about what it really is for. It’s a ranking which gives points depending on the cloud size etc., for me it’s a function that is totally not necessary on a vaping mode, I mean its not a video game. Pity that the device only moves in 1 wattage increments, so you won’t be able to get 13.5 watts for example.

Buttons on both devices are the same and are comfortable. It is easy to navigate through the menu and change the wattage settings. Also, it is simple to change from SMART mode to RBA mode and auto-draw mode (on the S), but simply clicking the fire button three times. Like with all DRAGs and Gene-chip devices the ramp-up is just extremely fast, sometimes even shockingly fast when on auto-draw. Downside of the GENE chip is that when locked it does not fire using the button, only auto-draw (on the S) works.

Battery door on the X is easy to open, I do however feel you need to pay attention opening it, it feels as if its easy to accidently break it off.

Both devices have the same pod. Even the pod to me looks nice and its transparent which is a pro. The fill plug is easily accessible from the bottom and reveals a proper size fill hole. Coils are easily installable with just plugging them in from the bottom. Love the drip-tip on this pod, its perfect for a DTL pod-mod. Magnets connect very well. Have a feeling that 4.5ml is on the low side especially vaping between 50-80 watts, it needs a refill frequently. Haven’t experienced leaking issues apart from some condensation build-up.

Biggest star on this device for me is the fact there is exact airflow adjustment, something I missed on the Vinci series. The lever on the back of the device is can be used to adjust the airflow very accurately allowing the user to get the type of DTL airflow it likes. You won’t get a very tight MTL airflow from this one I think, because even with the airflow fully closed it’s not very tight as I like it. Coming back to that lever, one thing that worries me is that it can get stuck to something and get damaged since its sticking out quite a bit.

Let’s focus on the Drag S now for a bit as it has more features; the auto-draw reacts so extremely fast it just hits so hard from the start, wow. Loved that about the Vinci the option to switch between auto-draw and manual draw. One issue though, when condensation builds up the draw-activation mechanism gets blocked and it stops working till I clean it out, which is a pain as its hidden under the metal ring on the base of the device. I am getting around 140 puffs on 55w which is average. A full charge with the 2v-fast charge USB-C takes around 75 minutes. It’s funny looking at the device charging though, it is not charging equally on the screen, it hangs for quite some time on 40% for example and then quickly goes up to 80%.

Now the DRAG X, lovely it has an external 18650 battery its always a plus in my opinion. Bit annoying is that whenever changing the battery the device asks to set the time as if it’s a new device. One main functionality difference with the S is that it does not support auto-draw, which I understand for a device that pushes all the way to 80w.

Vaping these coils is a pleasure on both devices, only difference is that with the X you can push the PnP VM6 (0.15ohm) all the way to 80 watts meaning more vaper, but I am more a fan of the PnP-VM5(0.2 ohm) at around 50 watts. The flavor is really good, and these coils are having performance on longer term as well, I can tell as I have used the Vinci mods for quite some time. Great thing is that for those who are interested in the RBA coil it also fits on both devices.

Also, Voopoo on its website says they will release a 510-adapter for both devices which would turn the devices in a Box mod, one 18650 box mod and internal battery box mod. I would get the 510-adapter because its just a really nice mod.

If I were to choose out of one of these devices, I would choose the DRAG S. Reason being is the auto-draw and fact that I prefer the lower wattage coils. The DRAG X is the ideal choice for those looking for a 18650 pod-mod.

Pro’s on both devices:

- Flavor is really good on these coils, also they perform well
- Pods are transparent and have a large fill port
- Design, materials are really proper, and the leather is just beautiful
- Shape and form factor lays very well in the hand
- It fires up like a beast, so fast
- Nice large screen
- Coil options, there is plenty of choice
- Airflow adjustment is just great
- USB-C

Con’s for both devices:

- Score mode is taking lots of space on screen and is an unnecessary function to me
- 4.5ml capacity it on the low side for high wattage vaping
- Too airy for MTL
- Cannot fire when device is locked

Pro’s on the X:

- External 18650 battery

Con’s on the X:

- Whenever changing battery it asks to set the time as if it’s a new device

Pro’s on the S:

- Battery capacity (2500 mah)
- USB-C with 2V fast charging
- Auto-draw reacts very well

Con’s on the S:

- Condensation build up blocks the draw-activation mechanism

Conclusion, two fantastic pod-mod’s for the DTL vapers. Both devices really impressed me and deliver a really nice vape experience. Airflow could have been tighter to also use this as an MTL device. Of all pod-mods I have tried so far, this one has been the most satisfying to vape on till now DTL-wise.

The S is available for about 60$ and the X for about 56$. A good buy in my opinion as it does not do much under from any other kit with a sub-ohm tank.

Hope you liked reading my review, if you have any questions just let me know

Take care,

SP013

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hello fellow vapers,

Two new Voopoo pod-mods released at once, the Drag X and Drag S, basically these two devices have a new similar to each other chipset, take the same pods, coils and the functions and menu are almost the same. Thank you @voopoo_official for sending me these two devices for the purpose of this review.

The main difference is that the Drag X is an 18650 replaceable battery device and the Drag S a built-in 2500mAh device, the X fire up to 80 watts while the S up to 60W, and auto-draw is only available on the S. This is also the reason I decided to write one review for both devices as they do not differ much on other specs. The brownish leather is the X and the black leather is the S.

Both pods are mainly aimed at DTL looking at the provided coils and drip-tip. But this device is compatible with all pnp-coils from Voopoo.

The user manual in both kits is also the same.

As I am only limited to 20 pictures per post, please refer to the voopoo website for the specs;

DRAG X Mod Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

DRAG S Mod Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Packaging wise they only differ in device wise and the X has a lower resistance coil that does not come with the S.

Drag S:

DRAG S Device*1
DRAG S Replacement Pod (4.5ml*1)
PnP-VM1,0.3Ω*1
PnP-VM5,0.2Ω*1
Type-C Cable*1
User Manual*1
Warranty Card*1
Chip Card*1

Drag X:

DRAG X Replacement Pod (4.5ml*1)
PnP-VM1,0.3Ω*1
PnP-VM6,0.15Ω*1
Type-C Cable*1
User Manual*1
Warranty Card*1
Chip Card*1

From the beginning I have to say, these devices look just outstanding. They have an aegis like leather cover around the device which just makes it look on the premium side. Especially love the S in this case with its ‘Mashup’ color. The X also looks good with its ‘Retro’ color, but I’m fonder of darker devices. Of course, it’s a DRAG and as we know DRAGs must have the written on there with BIG letters, its OK for me, but I know some people might not like it.

The Zinc Alloy and leather just provide the kind of finish I like on a device, not too light, not too heavy lays great in the hand and looks beautiful.

Both lay very nicely in the hand; the X is longer but also slightly thinner making it feel almost like a pen-style (a fat one) device.

The screen is large and bright, very similar to the Vinci series, it also looks similar. One additional thing on the Drag X/S is the ‘Original SCORE ranking mode’ which I am not sure about what it really is for. It’s a ranking which gives points depending on the cloud size etc., for me it’s a function that is totally not necessary on a vaping mode, I mean its not a video game. Pity that the device only moves in 1 wattage increments, so you won’t be able to get 13.5 watts for example.

Buttons on both devices are the same and are comfortable. It is easy to navigate through the menu and change the wattage settings. Also, it is simple to change from SMART mode to RBA mode and auto-draw mode (on the S), but simply clicking the fire button three times. Like with all DRAGs and Gene-chip devices the ramp-up is just extremely fast, sometimes even shockingly fast when on auto-draw. Downside of the GENE chip is that when locked it does not fire using the button, only auto-draw (on the S) works.

Battery door on the X is easy to open, I do however feel you need to pay attention opening it, it feels as if its easy to accidently break it off.

Both devices have the same pod. Even the pod to me looks nice and its transparent which is a pro. The fill plug is easily accessible from the bottom and reveals a proper size fill hole. Coils are easily installable with just plugging them in from the bottom. Love the drip-tip on this pod, its perfect for a DTL pod-mod. Magnets connect very well. Have a feeling that 4.5ml is on the low side especially vaping between 50-80 watts, it needs a refill frequently. Haven’t experienced leaking issues apart from some condensation build-up.

Biggest star on this device for me is the fact there is exact airflow adjustment, something I missed on the Vinci series. The lever on the back of the device is can be used to adjust the airflow very accurately allowing the user to get the type of DTL airflow it likes. You won’t get a very tight MTL airflow from this one I think, because even with the airflow fully closed it’s not very tight as I like it. Coming back to that lever, one thing that worries me is that it can get stuck to something and get damaged since its sticking out quite a bit.

Let’s focus on the Drag S now for a bit as it has more features; the auto-draw reacts so extremely fast it just hits so hard from the start, wow. Loved that about the Vinci the option to switch between auto-draw and manual draw. One issue though, when condensation builds up the draw-activation mechanism gets blocked and it stops working till I clean it out, which is a pain as its hidden under the metal ring on the base of the device. I am getting around 140 puffs on 55w which is average. A full charge with the 2v-fast charge USB-C takes around 75 minutes. It’s funny looking at the device charging though, it is not charging equally on the screen, it hangs for quite some time on 40% for example and then quickly goes up to 80%.

Now the DRAG X, lovely it has an external 18650 battery its always a plus in my opinion. Bit annoying is that whenever changing the battery the device asks to set the time as if it’s a new device. One main functionality difference with the S is that it does not support auto-draw, which I understand for a device that pushes all the way to 80w.

Vaping these coils is a pleasure on both devices, only difference is that with the X you can push the PnP VM6 (0.15ohm) all the way to 80 watts meaning more vaper, but I am more a fan of the PnP-VM5(0.2 ohm) at around 50 watts. The flavor is really good, and these coils are having performance on longer term as well, I can tell as I have used the Vinci mods for quite some time. Great thing is that for those who are interested in the RBA coil it also fits on both devices.

Also, Voopoo on its website says they will release a 510-adapter for both devices which would turn the devices in a Box mod, one 18650 box mod and internal battery box mod. I would get the 510-adapter because its just a really nice mod.

If I were to choose out of one of these devices, I would choose the DRAG S. Reason being is the auto-draw and fact that I prefer the lower wattage coils. The DRAG X is the ideal choice for those looking for a 18650 pod-mod.

Pro’s on both devices:

- Flavor is really good on these coils, also they perform well
- Pods are transparent and have a large fill port
- Design, materials are really proper, and the leather is just beautiful
- Shape and form factor lays very well in the hand
- It fires up like a beast, so fast
- Nice large screen
- Coil options, there is plenty of choice
- Airflow adjustment is just great
- USB-C

Con’s for both devices:

- Score mode is taking lots of space on screen and is an unnecessary function to me
- 4.5ml capacity it on the low side for high wattage vaping
- Too airy for MTL
- Cannot fire when device is locked

Pro’s on the X:

- External 18650 battery

Con’s on the X:

- Whenever changing battery it asks to set the time as if it’s a new device

Pro’s on the S:

- Battery capacity (2500 mah)
- USB-C with 2V fast charging
- Auto-draw reacts very well

Con’s on the S:

- Condensation build up blocks the draw-activation mechanism

Conclusion, two fantastic pod-mod’s for the DTL vapers. Both devices really impressed me and deliver a really nice vape experience. Airflow could have been tighter to also use this as an MTL device. Of all pod-mods I have tried so far, this one has been the most satisfying to vape on till now DTL-wise.

The S is available for about 60$ and the X for about 56$. A good buy in my opinion as it does not do much under from any other kit with a sub-ohm tank.

Hope you liked reading my review, if you have any questions just let me know

Take care,

SP013
nice review

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I'm disappointed, not in the review, great review.

But I've been eyeballing this pod since they announced it, love the look of it, love the screen, love the pods, so was eager to get one, but I only MTL vape, now I do like a airy MTL vape, but if not made for MTL too, then it will suck as a MTL vape, but I will still hold a glimmer of hope though :)

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    I'm disappointed, not in the review, great review.

But I've been eyeballing this pod since they announced it, love the look of it, love the screen, love the pods, so was eager to get one, but I only MTL vape, now I do like a airy MTL vape, but if not made for MTL too, then it will suck as a MTL vape, but I will still hold a glimmer of hope though :)

@Nailz They do have MTL coils tho so there is hope.

5383A1CE-1E54-478D-9FD2-25D526352BCC.jpeg

• Agree
    Reactions: Nailz

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    "One issue though, when condensation builds up the draw-activation mechanism gets blocked and it stops working till I clean it out"

Excellent review, I am struggling to locate the draw-activation mechanism as auto-draw suddenly stopped working for me. Does anyone know where to find this ?
    thank you.

I think it is under the metal ring on the base of the tank on the side pointing towards the screen, it is a tiny hole that sticks out a little. Use a cotton swab to work around with under that metal ring. If that does not work the first time, try again. Also what works sometimes is to just stick some dry cotton under the ring and leave it overnight.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    It should work well with MTL, you wont get a very tight draw, but if you like loose its fine. I love the Vinci Air for MTL more though, but it has no adjustable airflow.
    I also do MTL.
    And I have a Vinci Air and like it just fine.
    So @SP013, since you now have experience with the Air as well as the Drag, could you do a quick comparison between them for MTL and why you prefer the Air? thanks.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    I also do MTL.
    And I have a Vinci Air and like it just fine.
    So @SP013, since you now have experience with the Air as well as the Drag, could you do a quick comparison between them for MTL and why you prefer the Air? thanks.
    hi,

I simply like the airflow, driptip and portability more on the air, for MTL I prefer to have smaller mods and/or pod.

Reactions: newyork13

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm hoping @Nailz gets one so I can get another MTLer's opinion.
    What do you say @Nailz? Going to pull the trigger?

July 4th sales going to start, so maybe, but only if can get the rba with it at the same place ;)

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I understand. Keep us posted if you do, and I'll do the same.
    I bought a Vinci X a couple of months ago.which came with 5 coils including an RBA.
    But, I haven't popped it out of the blister wrap to figure it out.
    It may be a piece of cake, but after a few years of building byLeo Sophia coils, I got tired of the tininess. This one won't require nr-r-nr wire so won't be as finicky.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I understand. Keep us posted if you do, and I'll do the same.
    I bought a Vinci X a couple of months ago.which came with 5 coils including an RBA.
    But, I haven't popped it out of the blister wrap to figure it out.
    It may be a piece of cake, but after a few years of building byLeo Sophia coils, I got tired of the tininess. This one won't require nr-r-nr wire so won't be as finicky.

Oh thank goodness that nr-r-nr didn't become a norm, was a nightmare to work with :lol:

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread