Drat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I ordered a new REO Grand in tumbled, raw aluminum with the intent of having a pre-distressed, "beater" REO for day to day use, so I could spare my powdercoated one of wear. It arrived today.

Problem is, it's absolutely gorgeous in an industrial sort of way. :hubba: Beautiful texture with a glass smooth finish I sure wouldn't want to get scratched! Pictures wouldn't do it justice.

What a problem to have! :laugh: DW is making a sleeve for it to resolve that.

Is there anything that comes from Rob that isn't a work of art?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I ordered a new REO Grand in tumbled, raw aluminum with the intent of having a pre-distressed, "beater" REO for day to day use, so I could spare my powdercoated one of wear. It arrived today.

Problem is, it's absolutely gorgeous in an industrial sort of way. :hubba: Beautiful texture with a glass smooth finish I sure wouldn't want to get scratched! Pictures wouldn't do it justice.

Nope! I have not found one yet that I could just "let" get scratched. Covers on all my metals that go out with me.

I love the Tumbled finish. Not rough and tumbled at all!

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

Nope! I have not found one yet that I could just "let" get scratched. Covers on all my metals that go out with me.

I love the Tumbled finish. Not rough and tumbled at all!

Robert has been like a broken record saying to me, "buy a classies beat up and designate it to be that." I've done that several times. Problem is they weren't all that beat up so they are not my workhorses.

The ultimate solution is to get Silver Anodized. Aluminum color is same as anodizing. Scratches, gouges, dings, dents hardly show up unless closely inspected. Between DH and me we have 7 Silver Anodized, all flavors except for Mini 2.1. My two most recent acquisitions, older but pristine will remain dress-up REOs. My heavily used oldest Mini 1.0, my main workhorse, over 2 yrs old, looks pristine at arms length.

DH drops them so much I only "let" him use the Silver Anodized any more. (And no Trippys for him. Thankfully he likes the cheap delrin the best.)

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
Robert has been like a broken record saying to me, "Buy a classies beat up and designate it to be that." I've done that several times. Problem is they weren't all that beat up so they are not my workhorses.

That is my plan when they finally get me verified so I can get in the classifieds. Sad only had my Reo 24 hours and already plotting a mini and another grand. Plus more RM2's to go on them because... well thats as good as it gets in my opinion.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

Problem is, it's absolutely gorgeous in an industrial sort of way. :hubba: Beautiful texture with a glass smooth finish I sure wouldn't want to get scratched! Pictures wouldn't do it Justice.

Send it to me I will do it Justice :lol:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

Whatever you do, keep your tumbled raw away from this stuff or your "beater" dreams are out the window...

And, no, they are all works of art!
DSCN0514 - Copy.jpg

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I have a raw Grand and i keep it in a cover that Nerak was kind enough to send me. I cannot bring myself to abuse it in the same manner as my long-suffering black grand and so i take it with me as a backup device in my computer case.

But it's a great looking mod and works like a champion, as we have come to expect.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread