Dreamer Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbbiVapes

Feb 6, 2019
Hey Guys i have a problem !!

i Bought the dreamer 2 months ago and was well not useingperfect batteries but
they were 30amp mcd and ihad problem like this!
new battery out of the box was fine thani started to get like heat
from the seam of the button and the tube but the switcxhbutton
orbatterywere almost got no heat and the heat happens only
after like 3 sec from pressing the button and start vape !!

well now i only use Samsung 30T and theywere perfect for the
first 3 weeks (they have arching on them cuz i was not takeing
caree of that but i do now) but now this heat from the seam
is back and i do know ohms law how to build and
ithinkall savety i can know but this i cant find anwsers to
My dreamer is Polished stainless steal ty Ebbi

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry, but I had great trouble trying to follow your train of thought. o_O

It would be helpful to know what resistance coils you have. Do you measure them with an ohm reader?
What are mcd batteries? Never heard of the brand. I suspect they are re-wraps and not really 30 amps.
The Samsung 30T, if genuine, should be 35 amp batteries.

Heat in a mech mod's body, fire button, or battery is a big red flag for danger. Other than taking the mod completely apart (including the fire button assembly) and cleaning it with isopropal alcohol, I can't help much.

There is a section on mech mod maintanance in this blog: A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A heating mech mod generally happens when there is a short in the device or when coil ohms are so low that the most resistive part of the circuit is not the coil but part of the mod. This can be very dangerous as it will heat up the battery and possibly cause a vent.
Could be there is a more resistive part of the mod due to dirt buildup. Could also be that you’re running such low ohms that the coil is effectively a short.

EbbiVapes

Feb 6, 2019
its so weird cuz my ohm reader sais its a 0.18 ohm but this is a handmaid coil and should be
0.1 - 0.13 and when i but it on regulated mods 2 of them they both say 0.13
all i can sai when i got the dreamer the thretsvery pretty damn stiff
so maybe its connected to that

Edit its an Alien coil
Edit2 .im thinking to take the switch a part and clean everything all threts bin and all
What is the best stuff to use on it i know its SS 316
and i tested with both my Drop and Drop Dead atmoazerbothwith 0.13 alien
from diffrentcoil maker

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
its so weird cuz my ohm reader sais its a 0.18 ohm but this is a handmaid coil and should be

Edit its an Alien coil
Edit2 .im thinking to take the switch a part and clean everything all threts bin and all
from diffrentcoil maker
Well that’s clear then. You’re running a barely a hair above dead short on a mechanical, and are somehow surprised you’re getting heat issues. You did this for weeks or months? You’re lucky you still have your face left.

Double those resistance numbers.

There’s no good reason to vape that low and it’s dangerous as hell. Is it possible to avoid problems at those wattages? Yes. It’s also possible to avoid problems doing things like base jumping and flying in rockets. It takes triple checking and knowing EXACTLY what the conditions are and doing the math and knowing your equipment backward and forward and triple checking that too.

I take it you got the idea of ultra low ohms from some cloud chaser on the internet?
People do all kinds of things on the internet. Anyone can be on the internet. Look at me. I’m here, and I’d be happy to tell this “influencer” that what he is doing is dangerous. Truth to tell there’s a good chance it isn’t, at least for him. He’s not going to broadcast the parts that make what he is doing safe, like only ever using new very high end equipment that was given to him to make the products look good, and checking them over before and after a shoot.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm still having a hard time understanding you. Are you typing on a cell phone?

So you are intentionally using a 0.1 ohm coil? I thought that you said you knew Ohm's Law? That's pretty darn low ohms even for a 30 or 35 amp battery. You have no margin of safety building that low.

And I got confused when you said "2 of them both say 0.13". Is that the overall resistance of both coils together? Or each individuao coil measures out to 0.13 ohm? You do know that when using two coils the overall resistance is halved, Right? For example, two 1.0 ohm coils used together will have an overall resistance of 0.5 ohm.

Just in case you need it: Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations for a Mechanical Mod

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Screenshot_20190206-234450_Samsung Internet.jpg

Seriously overloading the battery at 42 amps power draw, you need to go up to 0.2 ohms or higher like bombastinator has said.

Otherwise EbbiVapes, you are running the risk of your mech mod blowing up in your face. Because at the moment the way you have it set up, it's basically a pipe bomb.

EbbiVapes

Feb 6, 2019
imsry im from iceland trying to tell you this so ill try be clear!!
imuseing dual coils that come out to 0.13 ohm
i have 2 RDA´s a Drop and a Drop Dead
i checked the both on 2 mods and it said that the ohm was 0.13 on both RDA´s
About the ohms all the vape reviwers are vaping 0.1 - 0.14
and the Coil builder said it was fine!
some even go like 0.08 on a Samsung 30T
all my knowlidgescomes from Youtube Reviwers and reserch

• Optimistic

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
imsry im from iceland trying to tell you this so ill try be clear!!
imuseing dual coils that come out to 0.13 ohm
i have 2 RDA´s a Drop and a Drop Dead
i checked the both on 2 mods and it said that the ohm was 0.13 on both RDA´s
About the ohms all the vape reviwers are vaping 0.1 - 0.14
and the Coil builder said it was fine!
some even go like 0.08 on a Samsung 30T
all my knowlidgescomes from Youtube Reviwers and reserch
“All The vape reviewers” are doing a serious disservice to the community then. It’s probably something to do with competition for viewers or some such. Part of the problem is ohm meters aren’t actually as accurate as their readouts say they are. A .05 variation or more is common. Also at super low resistances there begins to be issues with things like micro variations in wire consistency. Unless you’re willing to drop a ridiculous amount of money on a scientific quality ohm meter so large it has to have its own cart, a tenth of an ohm is about as accurate as things actually get.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
EbbiVapes, mooch is the authority when it comes to battery safety.

Samsung 30T max CDR = 35 amps.
Bench Retest Results: Samsung 30T 21700...an incredible 35A 3000mAh battery!

Your drawing 42 amps, that's over the CDR.

Wherever you got the information that this was safe is talking BS. Please listen to what we're trying to get across to you, that how you have your mech mod setup at the moment is unsafe. And you need to rectify this before news starts trending on the forums of the death of a vaper in Iceland, caused by their mech mod exploding.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Ebbi,
Chuck your mechs in the bin, buy a decent four cell DNA 250c mod, capable of delivering 400 W safely. It put ANY mech to shame, while being relatively safe.

Turn off YouTube, too, and start reading the forum. There is very few correct vaping knowledge on YouTube that is not replicated here.
Please, be safe.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Worst best case scenario:

2 Coils @ 0.13Ω
Total resistance - 0.13Ω/2 = 0.065Ω
1 x 30T, theoretical maximum current draw = 35A
1 x 30T, fully charged (in peak condition) = 3.6V

Current draw according to Ohms law (excluding switch, battery and contact resistance)
3.6V/0.065Ω = 55.4A

Power dissipated = 55.4A x 3.6V = 199W

You want to be drawing a maximum of 30A (80% of capacity to be safe, even less if the battery is old or not genuine)

So in reality, you are running your battery at ~ 60% over its rated maximum.

No wonder you have thermal issues. Please take the advice others have given above, under these conditions you are an accident waiting to happen.

These figures are an estimated best case, if your battery has an internal short, not only will the figures be greater, but thermal runaway will make it worse.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Edit its an Alien coil
from diffrentcoil maker
[emoji51][emoji879]

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ebbi,
Chuck your mechs in the bin, buy a decent four cell DNA 250c mod, capable of delivering 400 W safely. It put ANY mech to shame, while being relatively safe.

Turn off YouTube, too, and start reading the forum. There is very few correct vaping knowledge on YouTube that is not replicated here.
Please, be safe.
That is one option I guess. The other one is just do the maintainance required to keep a mech mod in top shape and don’t vape below .25ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread