Drip Shields at MadVapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfries1990

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
New York
Good find Wolf. I'm still trying to see the benefits of drip shields. This thread was helpful...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/258990-drip-shields-nice-looking.html

If I use 510 cartos that don't leak, will drip shields do anything besides look good?

The anodized aluminum ones do a good job of absorbing the heat from the body of the atty. Also, I use 510 attys with a sealed 510 to 510 shorty adapter with a drip shield over both the atty and the adapter on mods that don't have a drip well. The juice I over drip comes out where the adapter and the atty are connected and goes back into the atty because of the drip shield, but if you have sealed bottomed attys then a drip shield is pretty much pointless to use for catching juice.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
drip shields are more for atties than cartos. my joye atty performs best when on the verge of flooding, so a drip shield is a must for my joye. but my dual coil vision atty does not leak (unless i load it up with more than a dozen drops) so i dont need a drip shield with that. also, the drip shield tightens up the draw. my joye atty is incredibly airy so the drip shield remedies that up right quick.

Good find Wolf. I'm still trying to see the benefits of drip shields. This thread was helpful...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/258990-drip-shields-nice-looking.html

If I use 510 cartos that don't leak, will drip shields do anything besides look good?

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Does anyone have one of the acrylic ones yet? I am curious about the OD of them. I have the 360 mah auto 510 batts from another vendor, and I love them. The only annoyance I have is that they are wider than my CE2s. So I was thinking about getting one of the acrylic drip shields to make up the difference. They look thinner than other shields I've seen, but there are no specs on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread