Drip Tips, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Hello! My Name is Suz, sounds like sooz. Anyway, was wanting to get some thoughts on the drip tips. I am thinking that when I get to go to vaping, that drip tips are the way to go for me.

If I go to a drip tip do I NEED to get a drip shield?

Keep in mind, I am smoking analogs, now. I was vaping about a year ago, but didnt have the resources that I do today. We (my partner and I) Have been researching so much the past couple of weeks. She had to take out our old RN4081 and start vaping again as she has the early signs of Emphysema. :(

We dont have the money for me to start vaping again at this point in time, but will soon. I just wanted to get som suggestions on some of the choices out there.

I am looking to modifying my RN4081 to a 510 with a drip tip and an atomizer, I also want to get a tank. I dont know yet though. I am still looking at my options.

*Suz*

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
No you don't have to have a drip shield with a drip tip. Whatever set-up you go with you really should try cartomizers also.

Yes, I have tried those. That is what came with the RN4081 kit that we purchased. I didn't really like them. Can't really explain why. Maybe the taste they were giving me or the fact that they would leak into my mouth.... there were a lot of things I didn't like. It could have been the brand too, though now that I think about it.
Thanks for the tip, though. :)

Last edited:

chewy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2009
United States, MD
Me? Well if using a 510 atomizer where I ordered from came with a hole just small enough for vapor to get trough, not large like a drip tip. The smaller hole was a barrier for Juice coming into my mouth. I guess in short I do not recommend a drip tip unless your using something that will contain the extra juice so it has somewhere else to go and not just get sucked back into your mouth.

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Me? Well if using a 510 atomizer where I ordered from came with a hole just small enough for vapor to get trough, not large like a drip tip. The smaller hole was a barrier for Juice coming into my mouth. I guess in short I do not recommend a drip tip unless your using something that will contain the extra juice so it has somewhere else to go and not just get sucked back into your mouth.

Okay, gottcha! I was very confused. Lol! I am new to the whole modifying e-juice. I have only experienced the carts. sometimes I just need things spelled out for me with crayons, in really big letters! :p

Last edited:

chewy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2009
United States, MD
how many drops were you putting into your atty?

3, it may be that I was to impatient and started sucking before juice got all of the way down. Sometimes it was just still on the top part of the tip and it would get in my mouth that way. With that type of setup I prefer to remove the tip all together and just drip othe coil. Now I have the apex with res, basically a sponge for more juice so I drip 6 or so drops in and blow the excess out into the res. with something like this the drip tip is a non issue for me.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Suz. Welcome to ECF. I think Chewy is talking about the rubber end on the cartomizer. Like this Google Image Result for http://bombdropsvapor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cartos-1024x800.jpg that little white endpiece with the hole in it. I use a driptip in place of the white piece because it alloe much easier checking of the level of liquid in my cartomizer. Secondly it is much more comfortable to use because the driptips are contoured, and they distance your lips away from the hot outer shell of the cartomizer tube. Cartomizers are intended to be consumable. Once they stop performing well you replace them with a new one and you are set to go. I typically use one cartomizer every 5-8 days while using from 4-8ml of liquid per day. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

chewy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2009
United States, MD
I haven't used drops, yet. I have only use prefilled cartos from the manufacturer we ordered our kit from. We didn't have the resources we do now and didn't know about mods and e juice and attys and so on and so forth. :oops:

If your looking to upgrade I would recommend looking into a 510 starter kit with manuel batteries. They have a button to activate. If you are looking to drip you would not want the automatic batteries as the juice can get in and ruin them. Although I use the apex model I wouldn't recommend it as there are better things to be had for the money. Someone else here may be able to recommend fancier, newer style toys. I am a bit old fashoned I suppose.

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
A drip tip is just a mouth piece. You can use it on cartomizers and atomizers without a drip shield. Which are primary used for 901 threaded atomizers.

Most prefer it since it's more comfortable. In addition, it absorbs a lot of the heat coming from either an atomizer or a pre-filled cartomizer.

It's also makes it easy to either top off (adding more drops) your cartomizer or drip into your atomizer (hence the name).

Last edited:

piilanikalani

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Boonville
I am actually on my third run on e-cigs... My good friend has gone e-cig crazy buying all sorts of different e-cigs and I couldn't even consider remembering all the names... But at least he sold me his variable voltage lavatube (volcanoecigs.com) and j-tank (electronicstix.com)at a reasonable price for me to get back started on it... This is the first time I have used a j-tank and a drip tip. And wow! I love it! I would hate getting the juice in my mouth and all over my lips like I wanted a pretty lips gloss and when I use a drip tip this does not happen (for me anyway). I like the feel of the drip tip as well, very comfortable...

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
If your looking to upgrade I would recommend looking into a 510 starter kit with manuel batteries. They have a button to activate. If you are looking to drip you would not want the automatic batteries as the juice can get in and ruin them. Although I use the apex model I wouldn't recommend it as there are better things to be had for the money. Someone else here may be able to recommend fancier, newer style toys. I am a bit old fashoned I suppose.

I am not looking for a fancy... trust me! I am now back on vaping. :) and have found I really live the menthol flavor cartos. :) I am really looking into drip tips, though. I have read and heard they have a better throat hit. Its just money that's the issue at this point. I have done quite a bit of research and with the help of all of you, have decided that I want to at least try the drip tip. Dripping also seems to be cheaper than buying a pack of cartos too! We have a manual 808 batt, now. It hits harder! But we only have one and my partner uses it. I will keep in mind not to drip until I have a manual! Thanks for all the advice!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread