Drip tips... so many to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I just got some vape-mail yesterday (Sat.). In it I got a few drip tips. Some were of the swivel type, some were pawn shaped, and still others were Ming vase shaped. Some were plastic, others were aluminum.

What material do you prefer most for your drip tip? Ever try wood, stone, or glass? Do you have a particular shape that you like best?

Let's get some conversation going on this. There is a sea of drip tips out there and it can be very daunting for a beginner as to what might work for them.

~Mike

Although they are the stock parts that come with the tank, I really like the feel of the 510 tip on my Kanger Protank 2. I purchased a "Ming" tip from Mountbakervapor.com but I found the flange-like end fit weird in my mouth and the aluminum seemed to affect the flavor of my vape. I ended up giving the mind to my brother, and buying a glow-in-the-dark 510 tip (I think its plastic or polyethylene but IDK for sure) that is shaped like the SS one from my Protank and I absolutely love it. If you can't tell by my display name, I'm a DJ, so I spend alot of time in clubs. The glow-in-the-dark thing really gets attention from other vapers, my brother, my fiance, and my buddy all ended up ordering some for themselves (damn copycats lol) but really, you should pick one of them up, I'll add a link to it below.

Glow In The Dark Drip Tip -

Everything on this site is priced about as low as you can get it, and Eric (the owner) is always quick to reply to my emails. I highly recommend Discount Vapes for any vapegear. High quality, low cost, fast shipping, and great CS. What else could you really ask for?

Shera Frank

Sep 23, 2013
china
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Incorrect link posted.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
does anyone else feel that different drip tips give a different flavour/vape experience?

i used my RSST with the tip that it came with, and found the flavour quite muted, and the draw quite constrained. then i changed to an AGA type B drip tip and found the flavours to be much more pronounced. enjoyed the liquid much more with the AGA drip tip. also, found it weird that although the RSST tip had a much wider inner bore diameter compared to the AGA tip, the AGA had a much airier draw.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
hotvapes.jpg clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG

Above is my favorite drip tip on my Vapage VMod-XL bottom feeder. It is a hand-blown pyrex tip from Sagewood Glass. This shape is my favorite shape. Glass feels best on my lips, and glass doesn't transfer any heat buildup from the juice attachment. I have other hand-blown pyrex tips in addition, such as the ones from Hot Vapes shown on Valley View Vapes premium pyrex cartotanks on my AltSmoke BB and Silver Bullet.

driptip.jpg knuckleheadtip.jpg

I also like the plastic Cherry Vape tips shown on the two Provari's above. They have since been replaced with the above Tru-stone Tips from Drip Tip Designz. Like pyrex, these do not transfer heat. Very beautiful to see in person. These are hand-turned on a lathe and then polished by hand. These are among the highest quality tips that I have found anywhere.

The next tip is called the Freudian Tip from Pink Spot Vapors. Longer tips like this can cool the vape if I find the vapor a little too warm to my liking on a mechanical mod. Last but not least are the popular Knucklehead tips from just about anywhere. These can be tilted for comfort, and are very pratical while vaping & driving.

Last edited:

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Haven't gotten around to trying out the glass, stone, or wood tips but I'd really like to get my hands on a few with my next order.
Currently using a ceramic tip from RTD Vapor and it beats the h-e-double hockey sticks out of stainless. SS tips leave a funky taste in my mouth, but the ceramic stays nice and cool even when chain vaping and gives a nice clean flavor without imparting any of its own. Linked below if you're curious; cheap route to go for a huge upgrade.
Drip Tips : 510 Ceramic Dynasty
You will need a larger o ring or just wrap some wire under the existing to get a better fit on most tanks, but I've found that with every drip tip I've bought so far.

Limner

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Western USA
I haven't gotten anything very high end yet, and might not at all. I seem to gravitate to tips made of delrin and stainless steel -- both feel comfortable in my mouth, although the steel ones can get pretty hot. I avoid anodized aluminum because it gets a bit funky looking after a little time in the mouth -- they seem to be crud magnets.
Generally I go for unadorned pawn or cone styles. I tried a whistle-tip a while back, but didn't like it because it usually ended up in my mouth canted at the wrong angle. Last week I picked up a couple of swivel tips to use on a Protank II with my MVP, and like those a lot for the versatility.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
waited about three weeks for it to ship but finally received a pyrex drip tip from rocket science mods a few days ago. already my favorite tip. looks awesome and it's a comfortable tip. pricey though

Looked at 'em, loved 'em, saw the price, ran away. Waiting, with morality slightly less intact, for the clones.

SRPJ

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
San Diego, Ca
SRPJ,

How are you liking the bullet style? I'm considering getting one myself. They have no ridge for my teeth/lips to grasp so I'm not sure how well my lazy mouth will take to it. :)

I love it, i find no need for a ridge considering all i do is place it and draw. Since im a dripper it retains a small amount of heat from the atty being SS and i constantly vape but only enough that it gets warm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread