Dripping info

Status
Not open for further replies.

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
Are you referring to where the atty and battery meet? I think it's one of 2 things (or both). You've possibly flooded the atty. No biggie, just blow it out. Or the atty's a little old and doesn't "absorb" as much as it used to. Once again, no biggie, just wipe it down.

As for how long it lasts, kinda depends on the atty and the juice. Typically, it lasts around 5-7 puffs. Just pay attention to the flavor and vapor. When either diminish, it's time for more drops.

ChrisToff

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Midwest Ohio
Hey 4mehealth, by "old" do you mean heavily used, or just old in general. I quit vaping for a while but I had a pack of lr attys from totally wicked and the first one I've been having some pretty bad leaking. I debridged and dewicked, so since it had been awhile since I did that I may be rusty and just messed something up.

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
Chris, to answer your question, I dunno.

I think "old" refers to use. In my limited experience, I've had atty's sitting in "storage" (my backups). And they works just fine. Atty's I use eventually stop holding any liquid. I read it in passing here (couldn't tell you which thread) that eventually the wick(? - I'm assuming the material that the coil wraps around) is gunked up and just doesn't hold any fluid.

Now, since you don't have a wick (if it's the same thing I'm referring to), I really don't know why. I haven't de-anything on my attys.

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
Hey 4mehealth, by "old" do you mean heavily used, or just old in general. I quit vaping for a while but I had a pack of lr attys from totally wicked and the first one I've been having some pretty bad leaking. I debridged and dewicked, so since it had been awhile since I did that I may be rusty and just messed something up.

When you de bridge and wick the atty will leak more whether it is new or old. There is nothing to soak it up so it overfills the cup very easily.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I have also found that some attys are just more leaky than others. The cone on the Ego/riva is great in that it keep any leaks from running all over the place. Dripping is just something you have to get a feel for. On the leaky-er atties just dripp less at a time but more frequently. You'll get the hang of it, just keep at it =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread