Dripping on an automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronCooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
UK
I've been topping up my carts as it's safer, but i've had a bit to drink and not feeling the hit so much..

So i tried dripping onto the atty and WOW it's soooo much better! Only problem is my 901 is automatic and i know of the problems about it leaking into the battery..

What are the odd's of this happening? I will be purchasing manual batterys in a week or 2 for this very reason!

keon718nyc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've been topping up my carts as it's safer, but i've had a bit to drink and not feeling the hit so much..

So i tried dripping onto the atty and WOW it's soooo much better! Only problem is my 901 is automatic and i know of the problems about it leaking into the battery..

What are the odd's of this happening? I will be purchasing manual batterys in a week or 2 for this very reason!

Hey, Ive been now vaping for 2 months. I started direct dripping about a month and 1/2 ago with no battery problems what so ever. I just make sure every now and then to take a Q-tip and clean the connections between the atty and the battery. It has producing so much more flavor and saving money on the carts at this point. Sometimes it gets a little messy but i cant say its bad at all. Im not saying you wont run into problems dripping to a automatic battery but i havent so far. Hope this helps a bit. Also the manual batterys from what i hear have no hole on the end but not sure about what models thats for.... So far no battery problems for any of my 901's!

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem

I'd say if you're in the process of replacing them with manual, drip away. I successfully dripped in my m401 with auto batteries before the manuals became available and never had a problem. Be careful not to the flood the atty and all will be well :)

AaronCooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
UK
Hey, Ive been now vaping for 2 months. I started direct dripping about a month and 1/2 ago with no battery problems what so ever. I just make sure every now and then to take a Q-tip and clean the connections between the atty and the battery. It has producing so much more flavor and saving money on the carts at this point. Sometimes it gets a little messy but i cant say its bad at all. Im not saying you wont run into problems dripping to a automatic battery but i havent so far. Hope this helps a bit. Also the manual batterys from what i hear have no hole on the end but not sure about what models thats for.... So far no battery problems for any of my 901's!

May i ask how many drops you put? 2 or 3?

Seem's like it's a go ahead :) I'm a paranoid guy anyway, ever battery change i check the atty/battery connection and give it a clean.

Thanks guys :) Now just pray my e-juice comes in tomorrow cause i doubt they deliver xmas eve. If not.. i'm in trouble :p

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
I've only killed one battery about 2 weeks after I got my 510. If you hear a gurgling sound, take it apart and wipe down the atty threads and battery threads and blow out the atty immediately. Also, it wouldn't hurt to hold your e-cig/pv battery side pointed upwards and take a couple of draws after you put it all back together. This will burn off any extra liquid without allowing it to go through the hole in the atty and down into the hole in the battery.

keon718nyc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May i ask how many drops you put? 2 or 3?

Seem's like it's a go ahead :) I'm a paranoid guy anyway, ever battery change i check the atty/battery connection and give it a clean.

Thanks guys :) Now just pray my e-juice comes in tomorrow cause i doubt they deliver xmas eve. If not.. i'm in trouble :p

2-3 drops should be fine, its close to like 1 analog cig. You should be good to go. All i do is drip now and i only have auto batterys.... No issues! Also shipping is slow due to the holidays ofcourse as we all know and im waiting too for my liquids :( .

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

The odds increase per drink you drink, but if you are worried dripping.. every now and then take the atty off and blow out the battery connector... Now that doesn't guarentee a thing,,, but could eliminate pools of liquid getting in the battery.

other than that the advice already given should be good

Acroma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2009
With the Vapor
I've been drip'n on my m403 for a few days now and it's better for me because the carts suck and liquid has been prone to drip on me....

I have found if the draw gets to hard on the m403 to add more juice, for some reason I can get softer draws that way. Blowing out the atomizer is a must after about a day or 2. I also roll up tissue paper into a point and push it into the battery area to get any moisture out.

I've found that after blowing out the atomizer I need to add 4-5 drops before it will start to vape properly. after the atomizer is moist I only need to add 2 drops max for a vape session.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

My odds were 3 out of 6 :) I fried three autos by dripping.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I still use carts, but when I top them up I also drip two drops onto my atomizers. That said, when I put the two drops in, I immediately lay the cig on it's side, and always make sure not to point the LED tip down until I've taken a few drags off it. I did kill one battery dripping before I started doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread