Drop Dead RDA Flavor Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
I decided to put this up here because I initially had issues with this RDA when it came to flavor.

I tried 26 g Clapton, 28 g Framed Staple Clapton and 28 g Framed Stample Clapton turned into a hive coil as well as variety of changes of the number of wraps between 3 to 10 with sub par success.

Similar results were found regardless of the wicking style I used as well as placement of the coils.

I had pretty much given up on the Drop Dead RDA. A few days later while vaping on my Twisted Messes RDA, it dawned on me that I hadn't taken into account the cap and how it has a 45 degree angle cut into it at the airflow.

I immediately grabbed my Dead Rabbit RDA, made some fresh coils and built a new deck taking the caps affect on the airflow into consideration.

I was blown away with how much of a difference my new build made in terms of flavor.

I've included a pic of it in hopes it helps those frustrated with the Drop Dead RDA.

Coils are each two pieces of 28 g Framed Staple Clapton that have been twisted together wrapped 5 times.

image (1).jpg

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
Welcome and glad you joined.

Thanks. Glad to be here.

Update: After seeing a post by @Innokin_Paul about the Plex3D mesh coils, I decided to wrap a chunk of cotton with some stainless steel mesh and then wrapped that with hive wire.

Flavor is phenomenal. Night and day difference.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thanks. Glad to be here.

Update: After seeing a post by @Innokin_Paul about the Plex3D mesh coils, I decided to wrap a chunk of cotton with some stainless steel mesh and then wrapped that with hive wire.

Flavor is phenomenal. Night and day difference.

Mind posting a picture? I’d be interested in seeing this.

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
I'll make this brief because I'm shifting to the main forum.

Earlier after steeping, I shifted my coils, cleared away cotton that was blocking air from hitting the SS mesh, used that cotton to build a barrier between the atomizer wall and the ends of the mesh to prevent possible shorting.

Flavor from vaping .34 ohms at 70w with the airflow wide open was fantastic. Most flavorful vape I've gotten from this RDA in the 17 days I've had it.

Hope this helps. Happy vaping.

image (14).jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
Have that RDA! Thank you!

You're welcome.

So the mesh just gets heated by the coils? Or do you have the ends in the post holes with the coil legs? Next time you rewick would you mind posting a pick before cotton. Or is it wrapped in the mesh then the coil built around? Sorry about all the questions I'm still relatively new

The mesh gets heated by the coils.

Think of it like a Turducken.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 9.14.52 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread